Chapter X "Predators and Prey"

Wen-(Y/n) POV:

"You know (Y/n) you remind me a lot like a person we once had around here," Master said while circling me "How exactly?" I asked "She used to be one of our best hunters, she was a strong and capable Wendigo, until one day, she vanished," he said before stopping in front of me "I'm sorry to hear sir," I said while kneeling in front of him "Don't be, she was already on the brink of death by that time," he said.  We stayed silent for awhile before he suddenly spoke again "But enough about our pasts... today, you'll be proving your worth to us," he said while snapping hit fingers and two other members walked inside with files.

Master then took both files and handed them to me as I stood up and opened them "These two are prey that managed to slip by our defenses, your job is to kill them and bring them back," he said while I was looking at the files and saw that one was a women who looked about thirty and the other was a kid around the age of five.  I read the files a little more before asking "Why do you have files on these people?" "When they're with us, they are no longer Human... they're nothing but cattle, meat to be killed then eaten," he said as the other two members stomachs started growling "You'll find them by that dried blood on the file, catch the scent, and follow it," he explained.

I took a bow and walked away, but not before asking "What would happen if I were to fail?" "...It's ether they become the food, or we'll use you as a substitution," he said with his menacing tone.  I nodded and quickly left towards the tunnels and towards the exit as I heard him speak "I'll give you directions so you can find your way back, don't get caught," "Understood master," I responded while running up the tree's and jumping across each of them.

~Time Skip~

I tracked the scent to a small home that seemed to be hidden pretty well 'Guess they don't like visitors,' I thought to myself while slowly making my way to a window to look inside.  I saw both prey in the same room, the kid was simply playing with a few toys while the women was washing dishes "As a wendigo, stealth is your specialty, treat it as such," Master said as I jumped on the roof and started slowly crawling on it.

I made it the the back entrance of the home and tried to open it, but it was locked tightly "Use your claw," Master said as I grew out my claw and used it to cut the lock while slowly going inside and closing the door "Careful, if she managed to slip by our defenses, she'll slip by you too," Master warned as I slowly entered the room they were in.  I noticed that they were distracted, but out of caution, I clung to the ceiling and slowly made my way towards the kid.

As I got closer, I felt my instincts start to kick in, and I felt as my hunger started to grow "Don't get caught up, if you expose yourself, she'll escape," he warned which made me stop and think for a second 'Get the kid first, then you'll be able to command the women,' I thought to myself while slowly making my way down and silently grabbing the kid.  He tried to struggle, but I simply held him down when I suddenly heard a voice from behind and a gun cock "Let him go," they said as I turned around and I saw the women pointing a shotgun directly at my head "I'll blast your head right off, so let him go," she said as I simply stood up and turned towards her.