#4 . Dreadful

I slowly opened my eyes, awoken from the feeling of the hard bumpy ground on my sore back. Slowly sitting up, I looked around, trying to recall anything related to my whereabouts at the moment. I recognized the place I was in, having woken up around this area too often with no memory as to how.  It was a big forest, just around a mile from my home.

I got up carefully, making sure I hadn't hurt anything in the process of getting here(whatever that was), and walked towards the forest's main path. As I finally got to the 'safer' place, I headed towards the exit of the woods, but was brought to a stop as my eyes detected something somewhat shiny, blinking a red light on the ground. I warely approached the object, now kneeling down to grab it. It was an old video camera, currently recording, faced towards the path I came out of. Who even uses these things anymore..? I shrugged it off, not paying mind that it had been facing the direction I was in, and continued my walk.

A bit further, though, my eyes caught another object. I approached it.

...

A gun.

In the middle of the forest, with a paper taped onto it's handle.

...The paper had my name on it.

With wide eyes I looked around, but decided to stop wasting time and bolted for the exit. I didn't stop there, through. Adrenaline was coursing through me like caffeine, so I ran all the way home, locked all doors and windows, closed the blinds, turned all lights on and ran to my room, where I kept the gun, a baseball bat and a kitchen knife. No one was breaking in tonight and making it out alive. 

Was I exaggerating it and becoming delusional?  Well yeah, but wake up in the middle of the woods with no idea how you got there, find a gun with your name on it, and we'll see how you will react.

Anyways.

Once in the comfort of my beautiful blue bed, I grabbed my laptop and opened Twitter. Waste of sanity, I know, but oh well. I saw some comments on the last post I had made in a fake account I created, one that no one around me knew about. The post had been about last time I woke up in that forest. I had taken a picture of it and added that I didn't know how I had gotten there.

I scrolled down the comments, most of them being either that this was a prank, terrified emojis and 'Omg that's creepy' s.

I finally settled on a comment that caught my eye. 

"Yo, that's like Marble Hornets, man. Are you for real? This shit's crazy!" I ignored the words of disbelief, focusing on two words only. Marble Hornets. Did I know what it was? Nah, but I was gonna find out. I had an intense feeling in the back of my mind telling me it would answer a lot of my questions, so I went to my trusted friend, Google.

-------------------------------

After a bit of research, I finally decided on watching the actual series instead of just wandering around the web wasting my time, so I went on youtube and searched it up. I thought of going to the channel, but I saw a playlist called "Marble Hornets/Totheark release order". It sounded interesting, so I went with it, though I had no idea what ToTheArk was. I clicked on the first video, called 'Introduction'. 

It overall explained about a student film called Marble Hornets, the director of the film called Alex Kralie, and how he quit the film and was acting weird and shit. Boring. Guy propably just got depression or something, to be honest. As the video ended, it moved on the the next, titled 'Entry #1'.

I watched it in confusion, thinking this is just some poorly made up shit, until I saw the end scene. I froze as a shiver made it's way down my back, my jaw tightening as I paused the video and continued staring at the figure.