#12 . Break

~~~~at home~~~~

The moment we entered the house, I walked to the couch and plopped down on it, throwing my bag on the armchair opposite to where I was sitting. Noah sat down by my side, leaning back and closing his eyes. I could see he was stressed, and so was I.

"What do you want for dinner?" I heard him mumble, turning his head to look at me.

"Dinner? What time even is it?" I looked at the clock on the wall, seeing that surely, it was 6 PM. I groaned in annoyance, throwing my head back against the cushions.

"Make whatever you want, I don't mind." He nodded, standing.

"Pasta with sauce it is then." I smiled slightly when I heard that. He was amazing at cooking, especially pasta. It was better than going to a restaurant. 

"I'll help." I claimed, standing as I saw him nod once. We walked to the kitchen and took out what we needed, dividing the work between us. I was cooking the pasta, he was making the sauce. 

We talked and occasionally laughed at stupid jokes as we cooked, forgetting about the previous troubles. Nothing could ruin this moment.

Well actually, all it took was a phone call. I paused what I was doing and pulled my phone out of my pocket, seeing the caller ID. It was my mom. Odd.

"Hey mom.. What's up?" I looked at Noah as I talked and saw him raise a brow when he heard who it was.

"Hello sweetie! It's been forever since we last spoke! How are you?"  She replied happily, but I could sense some nervousness in her tone.

"I'm...good. Is something wrong?" She didn't usually call unless she either had something to tell me, or she wanted to meet up.

"Oh, no. I just uh, went to your house to visit, but you weren't there and was wondering where you were! That's all!" I sighed, narrowing my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm staying over at my friend's for a while. They uh... They're afraid to stay alone cause... Someone broke into their house! Yeah." Noah snorted at this, shaking is head.

"Oh, which friend?" She asked, seeming too interested in where I was staying. I leaned against the counter, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You don't know them, mom. Now, did something happen? You don't usually call or visit out of nowhere." I heard her sigh before she spoke.

"Something did happen... And you're not gonna like it.. I won't say it over phone though. Meet me at our favourite café at the town centre around 11 AM, how's that? We can talk about it over some coffee." 

"Alright, sure. Is that all?" I made a mental note to set up an alarm. (Haha you won't bitch)

"Yeah. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow, honey. Bye bye, Stay safe! Say hi to your friend for me! I love you!" I smiled.

"Alright mom, see you. Bye, love you too." I took the phone away from my ear, ended the call, and groaned.

"What did she say?" Noah asks, while cooking the sauce.

"She wants to meet me tomorrow. Apparently something bad happened. Whatever." I shook it off, continuing my work. 

"Oh? What time?" He asked again.

"11 AM. I don't know why so early , but she probably has a full schedule." He hummed and nodded, going silent after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~