#11 . Havoc

Previously...

I turned to actually tell Noah to get up this time, but I was yet again interrupted, not by my own thoughts, but by the front door gently closing.

My eyes snapped to Noah, who shot up in alarm.

Footsteps...

≈~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~≈

"Shit, not again..." I heard him mutter under his breath, walking towards me and pushing me towards the window. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, looking at his eyes in question, but he didn't look at me. His gaze kept switching between the window and the door, which was still open for some reason. 

"We are using the escape route of last time. Seems to work the best." He whispered close to my ear, but I payed no mind to his hot breath hitting my neck since I was more concentrated on the footsteps getting closer to my door. I couldn't see anything in the hallway from this angle though.

I watched as Noah slowly and quietly opened the window and ushered me over. Just as I got closer to him though, I saw Noah freeze. I tensed upon noticing his expression, but before I could turn around to see what he was staring at wide eyed, I heard an overly familiar unrealistically-low voice behind me.

"Do. Not. Move." I now noticed Noah had made an attempt to reach into the back pocket of his slacks unnoticably, but clearly failed to do so. I finally got the confidence to turn my head to the person behind me.

If it's who I think it is, I'm gonna loose my mind.

...

Nevermind, I lost my mind long ago.

The person finally got into my line of view, and I tensed even further. Not necessarily cause of the person, but because of the thought that crossed my mind.

How come I recognised his voice when I never heard him speak outside the dream?

I pushed the thought aside and focused on what was unfolding around me, and that is Hoodie pointing a gun at us, more specifically Noah.

Before I could react though, I heard another set of footsteps outside my room, nearing the doorway, until they finally came in and I recognised them as the white-masked person who tackled Noah not so long ago. 

Well this is great. Just fantastic. Not only does Hoodie have a gun pointed at my friend, but there is two of them.

I felt Noah grab my arm and pull me behind him, extending his left arm by his side in a defensive manner.

"I don't plan to hurt you if you don't give me a reason to." I could practically feel the disbelief radiating off of Noah. 

"Yeah? Then why is there a gun pointed to my fucking forehead?" I heard Noah spit out. Is he serious? 

"This is simply for safety measures in case you plan to use the gun in your back pocket." Hoodie answered calmly, a complete contrast to Noah's harsh tone. Noah tensed, clearly wondering how Hoodie knew, but didn't comment on it. I peaked down just a bit to see that indeed, there was a gun in his back pocket. Huh

I then saw Hoodie turn his head slightly to the left, seemingly towards me, and shaking his head ever so slightly upon noticing my fearful eyes move frantically between him and the man in front of me.

He isn't gonna shoot. Good.

Noah sighed, looking towards the other masked person. The question did not need to be asked.