#8 . Oblivion

"What?"

He seemed troubled by just having brought up the conversation, and when he didn't clarify, I spoke.

"You mean what happened over at my house?" He shook his head, before letting out a sigh and slightly relaxing.

"No, I mean earlier today." I made a confused sound, urging him to explain further. I couldn't recall anything after passing out, presumably on our way here.

"When you woke up in the middle of the night. You surely must remember with everything that happened." I didn't know what to think of that, other than that I had no fucking idea what the hell he was talking about. I remembered nothing. Not like it was my first time.

He must have noticed my bewildered gaze, therefore I saw realization dawn on him.

"You don't remember do you...?" He murmured with a conflicted look. I hesitantly shook my head, lowering my head. What had happened that had given him that reaction? I had done something dumb hadn't I?

"...What happened?" I whispered out with slight fear, not of him, but of the answer I would get. A part of me didn't want to know it.

He didn't answer, and for a long while, the two of us were quiet. It wasn't a comfortable silence, either. It was a deafening one. He must have picked up on that, because he finally let out a weak response.

"I...I'm not sure. I- You weren't yourself. You tried to run away in the middle of the night. I did not know what to do." I winced at this. Probably was going to go back to the forest... Or worse, to Hoodie. Wait what? No brain, why would you think that? What does Hoodie even have to do with this?!

"Did I hurt you?" I blurted out without thinking. Could I manage to hurt him? I don't know. He is probably stronger than me.

I saw him look at me from my peripherals, having yet to lift my head from the lowered position. This felt like personal talk, and I didn't want to make eye contact during it. A shadow of a smile graced his face as he answered.

"No, not really." He looked away when I raised my head, and I could have swore I saw a faint tint in his cheeks. What?

"Did... anything else happen?" He cleared his throat as he looked back towards me.

"No. Nothing happened. I managed to calm you down and you passed out." I slightly nodded. This can't be good. Now he knows. Shit. He isn't going to let this one slide.

"Has it happened before?" He sighed out, eyes wandering my face carefully. I clenched my jaw, deciding against eye contact again, examining the bedroom instead.

It was a very nice room (better than mine at least). It had light gray walls, though the wall the bed was against was blood red, a wide window on the left wall decorated with crimson curtains, a dark gray carpet floor (thought only slightly darker than the walls), a dark oak wardrobe, dresser, bookcase (than was filled with interesting-looking books)and a nightstand on each side of the bed. The doors were made out of dark oak in the entire house, and in this room, there were two: One leading to the hallway, and one propably leading to a bathroom.

The bed frame was made out of dark oak as well, and the sheets were black, matching with the frames of the many pictures and paintings adorning the walls. The pillowcases were red too though, matching with the wall, curtains and the decorative pillows. There was also a black puff bag on a corner of the room next to the bookcase.

My eyes drifted back over to the man in front of me, who was patiently watching me and waiting for a response. I let out a sigh.

"It... It has. Plenty." He tensed at this, and clearly tried to hide it. Though he continued looking at me, and I took this as a sign to continue.