Chapter 13

Rey was in her room getting ready for the wedding. She was nervous. Rey wasn't one to enjoy the public's attention but today she knew she had to ignore her nerves the best way she could.

As she was done with her make-up and fixing her long, brown hair, she took a deep breath. You're going to walk in there and you are not going to make a fool out of yourself. Your parents and Marcus are here. At least you won't just be watched by strangers. You can do this. Just breathe and relax. Rey had told herself and then let out a light sigh.

"Are you ready?" Olivia asked snapping Rey out of her trance.

"Yes," Rey answered. "Please make sure Fred tells my father I'm ready for him."

"Of course," Olivia responded and smiled at her as she walked away.

"Thank you!" Rey called out and then turned to the mirror and stared at herself. She was wearing a long, white dress that were long sleeved. The sleeves made her look like she had wings. She had a small gray belt around her waist to hold the dress in place. Rey had looked like an angel sent from heaven.

Rey and her father were arm in arm in front of the church doors. Rey then took a deep breath.

"You look beautiful." Henry whispered in her ear.

"Thank you, father." Rey softly whispered and looked at her father and gave him a warm smile.

As the music began, the church doors opened, and Henry walked Rey down the long church aisle. Rey had looked straight head with a smile on her face. She wasn't as scared as she was when she had met Ben. He wasn't cold towards her anymore and they had agreed to start a real friendship. Rey had even realized she wasn't marrying a monster, but she was marrying a man who had real feelings. Ben wasn't just some cold-hearted king; he was a broken man who was slowly starting to open up to her. Ben was staring at her with a warm smile. For the first time they met, he wasn't dreading their wedding. He didn't see Rey as some wife he was stuck with as part as some peace treaty, she was his friend who showed him kindness even after the way he had treated her. Ben was really sorry for his actions towards her and today was the day he vowed to cherish her as a friend and queen. Ben was scared to open up to her but the more they had gotten to know each other, the more comfortable he was.

Henry gave Rey a kiss on her cheek and led her hand to Ben's and sat down. Rey turned to see the crowd as Ben pulled her closer to him and Rey met Marcus' eyes and she smiled at him.
Marcus smiled back wide at her and waved at her and made Rey let out a soft laugh and then she looked at Ben and they both smiled at each other as the wedding began.