Chapter 2

Do not get nervous. You can do this. You can be graceful and kind towards him. You will be okay. Rey told herself. A few maids had helped her with her hair, dress and makeup.

She had her hair in a braid, and she wore makeup that made her light brown eyes stand out and she wore her favorite pink dress that had white laces on the bottom.

"You look beautiful." One spoke.

"King Ben will melt seeing you." Another said clapping her hands together.

"You'll make a beautiful queen." A third one said.

"Just be careful around the king, miss." The first maid whispered.

Be careful? Rey thought to herself. Why? Is he mean?

"Thank you." Rey responded to them and gave them a warm smile.

They all bowed as Rey's father entered the bedroom.

"Just in time." Henry said.

"Are you ready to meet the king?" A guard that stood next to Henry asked. "The king is waiting by his throne, princess."

"I'm ready."  Rey gulped.

"You will be fine." Henry assured her in a whisper as the guard led them to Ben.

"Your highness, the king of England and his daughter are ready to meet you." The guard said in a robotic tone.

Henry bowed as Rey curtsied and bowed her head quickly and looked back up trying to see Ben, curious of what this stranger who was to be her husband looked like. Rey looked at him and had begun to stare.

King Ben was tall, very tall, he had long, curly black hair and full lips. Rey noticed his brown eyes as he met her gaze. Rey noticed his big nose but did not mind it. But Rey had felt small compared to him. Rey felt like he was towering over her. Rey had felt like she was an ant. He was taller and a bit more intimidating than she thought.

"Your highness." Rey mumbled and looked down awkwardly.

"Princess?" Ben whispered and stared at her.

"Yes, your majesty?" Rey responded looking back at him as she blushed deeply.

"You are the one I am to marry?" Ben asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, your majesty, I am." Rey answered in a soft-spoken voice and with a quick nod.

"Hm." Ben responded nodding back.

Ben had noticed how beautiful and how soft spoken she was. He didn't know anything about her, and he was going to marry her because it was a sign to show England was Ireland's new ally. This marriage was only for a show to him. There was no way he'd care about her even though she was beautiful and soft spoken.

"She is a wise young woman, and she will make a fine queen of your country." Henry said.

"I do not wish to be rude, but I shall be the judge of that." Ben responded as he looked at Henry glaring at him as if he were going to kill him at any moment.

"Of course, your majesty." Henry responded.

"You will be returning a week from today for the wedding to show our new... friendship with England, I assume?" Ben asked Henry.

"Yes, with my wife and son." Henry answered.

"Good," Ben sighed and then turned to Rey. "I personally requested you, princess, so I have an idea of who you are. It makes the wedding day less... uncomfortable." Ben explained.

"I understand." Rey said.

"Very good, I will allow you to bid your father farewell before he leaves." Ben said.

"Thank you." Rey replied giving Ben a warm smile.

"Carry on then." Ben responded coldly and walked past her as if she were nothing.