Chapter 10

Ben had been training his men for a possible battle. But in his spare time, he thought about his future bride, Rey and wondered how she was doing with the kingdom all by herself. He had wondered how she acted around him. Even though Ben personally chose Fred to be her guard, Ben had noticed their instant connection and friendship and he was jealous of it. Why do I care? She is just a problem of mine. What does she say about to me to him? Surely it is bad since I have treated her poorly. How close are they? Is there something more between them? What am I doing to myself? Stop thinking about her and him together. Stop it. You are better than this. What would father say? He would say you are weak for letting some girl distract you from your duties. She is nothing but part of a deal. She is nothing. Ben had tried to keep his thoughts in check, but he was going insane. He barely knew her, yet Rey had this power over him. A part of him hated her for making him care so much.

"Sir?" Ben heard someone say and winced and saw his guard, Darren. Darren was slightly shorter than Ben was and he raised an eyebrow at Ben.

"What is it?" Ben groaned.

"There is no sign of a spy anywhere." Darren answered.

"Have you and the men checked in every spot near here?" Ben asked.

"Yes," Darren answered. "Do you want us to look again or go back to training?"

"No," Ben answered and shook his head. "There is no reason to do either. Tell the men to pack up, we leave now." Ben then demanded.

"Yes sir." Darren responded.

Rey was at the garden picking roses with Olivia. Fred was nearby watching them and then Olivia stopped and looked ahead and shouted, "The king returned!" Rey quickly turned and saw Ben walking towards her, and Rey ran up to him and hugged him tightly. "I was so worried about you." Rey softly whispered and then realized what she had done and quickly pulled away. "I'm sorry," Rey gasped. "I should not have done--"

"It is okay," Ben assured her. "I trust Fred protected you and everyone helped you around the kingdom."

"Yes, but your highness, it is me who should have worried for you." Rey responded.

"You worried about me?" Ben asked in disbelief. She really did worry about me. He had thought to himself.

"Of course." Rey answered.