Chapter 14

As the music stopped and Rey and Ben were holding their hands together and looked deep into each other's eyes, the pastor started to speak.
"Blessings and merry meet. Gentle lords and ladies, their bans having been published, we are here today to join the king and the princess of England together. In as much as this king and future queen have pledged their troth to be married this day, we call upon Heaven to bless this union. Therefore, if anyone can show just cause, why they may not be joined together, by God's Law, or the Laws of the Realm; let them now speak, or else hereafter keep silent for all time."

Ben and Rey smiled at each other as the church stayed silent. They were no longer strangers but friends who shared a goal to serve the kingdom. Ben had no longer seen Rey as part of a deal and she was no longer scared of him or her feelings for him.

"Alright," The pastor said with a huge smile and turned to Ben. "And now the king will start his vows."

Ben nodded at him and looked back at Rey. "Here I take you Rey, as my faithfully conjoined wife to have and to hold until the end of my life and I give you my word for this." Ben said.

"And here I take you as my pledged husband to have and to hold until the end of my life and I give you my word on this." Rey responded with a warm smile.

They exchanged wedding rings and then sealed their marriage with a quick kiss as the crowd cheered and clapped. Rey then pulled away and let out a laugh as Ben smiled at her.

"Rey!" Marcus shouted and ran up to Rey and pulled her in for a hug as Henry and Anne followed behind Marcus.

"I missed you so much." Rey whispered and hugged Marcus.

"I missed you too." Marcus replied and let her go facing Rey.

"Hello child." Anne said and hugged Rey.

"Hello, mother." Rey responded hugging back before letting go to hug her father.

"How have you been?" Henry asked hugging Rey.

"I've been doing well." Rey answered as Ben walked over to her side and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"She's done so much for this kingdom this past week." Ben said smiling at Henry and Anne.

"I knew she would make us proud." Anne responded.

"I'm Marcus," Marcus greeted Ben. "It's nice to meet you, your highness." Marcus said and bowed at him.

"I'm Ben," Ben replied. "You can call me by name like your sister can. We are family after all." Ben finished looking at Rey giving her a warm smile letting her know that he meant that, and Rey responded with an understanding nod and smile.

"Thank you." Marcus responded with a huge smile.

"My pleasure." Ben responded looking back at Marcus.

"Your kingdom is quite lovely." Anne gushed looking around. "The wedding was beautiful as well."

"Thank you so much, I was just telling Rey I think it was yesterday that she can see you and your family whenever she'd like, and you and your family are more than welcome to visit here too." Ben responded smiling at Anne.

"So, we don't ever have to say goodbye forever?" Marcus asked smiling up at Rey.

"We will never ever say goodbye." Rey assured him mirroring his smile.