Chapter 21

Weeks passed since the war had ended. Ben and the rest of the living men were seen by doctors and healed over time. As promised, Fred and Olivia were hung by the morning after the war was over. Even though all was well for Ireland, Rey had felt sad and alone. Two of the friends she had made had lied and betrayed her and her trust. She felt like she could not trust anyone but Ben. She was grateful to him and helped him recover from the war. He had hurt himself more than he led on to Rey but she helped him recover the best way she could and ruled Ireland so that Ben could recover stress free.

As soon as Ben had almost completely healed, he had written and sent a letter to Henry and Anne letting them know what had happened and had asked them to visit Rey and in response, they did. They brought Marcus and Mary to visit with them.

"Your majesty, you have a few guests." Darren announced to Rey.

"I did not know that Ben would be having guests." Rey responded.

"They are here for you, ma'am." Darren corrected her.

"Who are they?" Rey asked.

"Come with me, the front gates are opening." Darren responded.

Rey did not say anything but nodded and listened to him.

As Henry, Anne, Marcus and Mary entered the castle, Rey's light brown eyes widened, and she beamed and ran up to them giving them all hugs.

"I am so glad you're here." Rey said as she finished hugging them.

"Your husband wrote to us and told us everything." Anne responded.

"Are you alright?" Mary asked.

"Wait, Ben told you?" Rey asked looking at them as Ben came in the room and stood next to her.

"He told us everything, my lady." Mary answered.

"Is he healing?" Anne asked.

"Yes and Ben has recovered too." Rey answered looking at him and smiling warmly at him.

"Oh thank goodness, I have prayed and prayed that he would heal. The good Lord has answered my prayers! Thank you, God!" Mary cheered and clapped, happy at the news.