15. In Every Other Universe

↳ chapter fifteen ₊˚

↳ chapter fifteen ₊˚.༄
[# in every other universe]

IVY WAS CERTAIN SHE HAD FALLEN FOR GWEN STACY. NOT INTENTIONALLY, of course. Ever since she had spent dinner with Ivy and her mother, Gwen started to become... bolder. Not like she wasn't already, but there certainly was a change.

It started with regular compliments, ones designed to make her blush and stumble over her words. Then it became lingering touches, holding her hand to drag her somewhere or simply resting a hand on her waist (Ivy was definitely not screaming inside). They had even fallen asleep together, but she was pretty sure it wasn't intentional, given how much the blonde was blushing and stuttering just as much as she was.

Eventually, she caught up on the little scheme that was playing between them and decided to join. Replying to her compliments with ones of her own, resting her head on her shoulder, and... well, those two were the only things Ivy was capable of doing without having flushed cheeks (she's hopeless).

But now, instead of sneaking in through windows, Gwen had decided to use the front door. Always greeting Ivy's mom with flowers ever since she learned how much she loved tulips, hugging Ivy almost every time they were alone in her room, successfully persuading her every time the blonde wanted a quick swing around town.

This time was no different, other than the fact she came later in the evening instead of the afternoon.

"Again?" Ivy asks teasingly, eyeing the flowers in her hand before looking back up. "You're lucky I have nothing to do,"

"I just miss you," her friend shrugs, that teasing smile plastered on her face as if it was permanent.

The right side of her lips tug upward, crossing her arms together as she leans against the doorframe. "You see me four times a week, Gwen. Maybe even everyday,"

"Is it so wrong to want to be around you?" she asks with such sincerity Ivy almost regretted her words, taking in her friend's soft features.

Ivy playfully pushed her shoulder, taking her hand as she dragged her inside the house. The dark haired girl huffed, muttering, "You're so annoying,"

"Where's your mom?" Gwen asked, scanning the house since she'd always greet her before Ivy.

"I'm starting to think you like her more than me," Ivy jokes, but she knew the real reason why Gwen had grown so close to her. She had seen her as a mother figure, one she had gone so long without. It almost broke Ivy's heart how foreign the simplicities of a mother and daughter were to Gwen.

"She's asleep, had a really busy day at work and ended up having a migraine." Ivy informs as she walks over to the vase at the end of the hall. She grouped up the dried flowers and put the fresh tulips in their place, taking the small jug of water beside it to fill it up.