Chapter # 2- Arrival of Fili and Kili

Dwalin and Balin were standing in Bilbo's pantry.

"What's this?"

"I don't know. I think that it's supposed to be cheese, it's gone blue."

"The thing is um...."

They both ignore him while continue to talk.

"It's riddled with mold." Dwalin said as he throws the piece over his shoulder.

"The thing is, I don't know either of you, not in the slightest. I don't mean to be blunt but I uh... but I had to speak my mind. I'm sorry."

Both of them turned to Bilbo as they looked at him. He didn't know what to do at that moment.

"Apology accepted." Balin said to him.

"Well...." he said as he didn't have anything to say at the moment.

Balin turns back to Dwalin and gives him his cup of ale.

"Oh, no. Fill it up now, brother, don't be stint."

****

Back in the woods beyond Bilbo's house, there was something going on in the air. A light screech came from beyond the tree line. After that, there was no other screech came from the woods.

****

Two dwarves were walking to Bilbo's house when both of them stopped. They stopped to hear a screech from the nearby woods. Soon, they looked at each other and wondered what could make that sound.

"What could have made that sound just then?"

"I don't know, brother but we better find Mr. Baggins's house then we will know for sure."

They continue to walk to Bilbo Baggins's house where they spot the blue glowing rune on the door. They headed through the gate and up to the door.

****

As Dwalin and Balin continue to raid Bilbo's pantry, the door bell rings once more and Bilbo opens the door to find two dwarfs standing there. One had blonde hair and the other had darker hair than the other one. The darker haired one didn't have a beard yet but he had stubble there. The blonde haired one had a mustache that was braided like a section of his hair.

"Fili."

"An Kili."

They both bowed to Bilbo while holding their things in her arms.

"At your service." they both said to him while standing up.

"You must be Mr. Boggins."

"No! You can't come in, you've come to the wrong house." he said as she tries to close the door but Kili stops him.

"What? Has it been canceled?"

"No one told us."

"Can.....! No, nothing has been canceled."

"That's a relief."

Kili walks in first then Fili followed him afterwards. Fili turns to Bilbo and hands him his swords wrapped in a cloth.

"Careful with these, I just had them sharpened."

"It's nice, this place. Did you do it yourself?" he asked while referring to Bag End.

Kii puts his booted foot on a wooden box then starts to scrap something from the bottom of it.

"That's my mother's glory box, can you please not do that?"

Just then, Dwalin enters the room to see Fili and Kili there in the entry way of Bag End.

"Fili, Kili, come on, give us a hand."