Chapter 16

While remaining hidden away in the shadow, Zarneleane watched on while moving to another branch. Being careful and silent, she got to another branch and continues to watch below.

"What is it? What is it? What is it?" one of the spiders say.

Two of the spiders went off to investigate the sound and where it was coming from, one of them remained with a dwarf.

"Fat and juicy! Just a little taste."

As the spider goes to eat the trapped dwarf, Bilbo hits it with his sword. The spider turns and lunges at him but can't see him, he continues to hit the spider.

"Curse it! Where is it? Where is it?"

Bilbo takes off the ring and reveals himself to the spider.

"Here!" he said while lunges his sword at the spider.

"It stings! It stings!" the spider said before falling to it's death and Bilbo looks at it.

"Sting. That is a good name."

Behind him, there was a soft thud on a branch. He turns around while holding his sword but it was only Zarneleane there.

"We have to hurry."

"For what?"

"The spiders will return and we don't have enough time to get the others free."

They worked together to get them free from the web, they fall to the group.

"Where's Bilbo?"

"I'm up here."

One of the other spiders lunges at Bilbo and they both fall from the tree and another branch. He lose his ring then goes to look for it as the dwarves fight off the rest of the spiders.

"Where is it? Where is it? Come on! Where is it?" he said while beginning to look around.

Bilbo notices the ring lying there on the ground not far from him. He goes to get it, a spider comes out of the ground and unknowing steps on the ring, this enrages him and he starts to hitting the spider with his sword.

"No! No! No!"

At the same time, the dwarves continue to fight the pack of spiders.

"Dwalin! Kill it! Kill it!"

Dwalin attacks the spider grapping ahold of Thorin, then Kili gets trapped by another spider.

"Fili!"

Fili managed to stab the spider, Bilbo who still stbbping the spider. He kills the spider had crawled on the ring in anger while picking up the ring and hold it up.

"Mine!"

He looks at the ring and suddenly dawns on him how much the ring has a hold over him. Bilbo looks distressed on how far he was willing to go to have it back, then he hears the dwarves call out to each other.

"Come on, keep up!"

"Clear!"

One of the spiders land in front of the dwarves, more spiders start to descend suddenly Legolas appears along with some of the other elves that were there. The other Wood Elvesuse their arrows to kill the spiders after which they point them to the dwarves.

"Do not think I won't kill you, Dwarf. It would be my pleasure."

As they stand there, they hear someone screaming. Fili turns towards the scream.

"Kili!"

Kili was someways from the group as he was attack by a pack of spiders, when a female elf came in killing the others.