Chapter # 11 -trailing the company

They both walk through Rivendell but on a quicken pace. As they near the gate, she stops to look at Elrond there in side of a nearby building. She could see that there was worry in his eyes for her and pain of not knowing if she would come through the gates once more.

Be safe out there and come home when you can.

She nodded to him while placing her hand over her heart and he did the same. Zarneleane looked out over Rivendell and how peaceful it is. It will be a home for her but if she did nothing then it would go up in flames. Gandalf came to her and patted her arm then she smiled at him. Taking one last look up at the place where Elrond stood but he wasn't there anymore. While taking the next few steps, she felt a stab of pain for him, since he acted as a father to her when she was a child.

"You will make him proud in the end when you come home."

"Do you think that I can come home after this grand adventure?"

"I think so but the future is unknown."

"I see."

"Don't be discouraged, Zarneleane. You will see him again and he would welcome you home with open arms."

"I hope so but I dislike what I saw on his face."

"What do you see?"

"I saw worry in his eyes and not knowing that I will come home.

As they stand at the gate, footsteps were coming to them but stopped short of them there.

"Zarneleane."

"Ada." she said to him while heading over to him.

"All I want is for you to be safe out there. Who knows what dangers are out there but you are trained enough to know how to get out of that situation."

"I know, adar. After this, when I come back will you be here to welcome me home?"

"Of course I will."

Zarneleane hugged him one more before facing Gandalf.

"I hope that you cane keep up, Mithrandir."

"What's the plan once we leave Rivendell behind?"

"Well, it gets harder once we get past the rock structure there." she tells him while point to Rivendell where it gets hard to walk.

"Are you sure that you want to continue shadowing us for the time being."

"Yes, I will continue to shadow you. You won't be alone where they are going."

"Understood."

"Besides I can take one more on Shikoba. He can sit in front of me while I guide him to safety."

"Iston. Is it Bilbo?"

"Yes. Come, we must not delay on to save them. Who knows what they have gotten themselves into now including Bilbo."

"I understand."

"We don't want to carry around what could weigh us down during the trip there."

Dwalin went first into the cave.

"It looks safe enough."Dwalin said as he checked the rest of the cave. "There is nothing here."

Soon, the others enter the cave. They placed their belongings where they were going to rest up for the night and before they continued on.

"Right then, let's get a fire going."

"No, No fires. Not in this place. Get some sleep, we start at first light."