Chapter # 14 -Beorn's house

Twelve months later, Bilbo is keeping an eye on the Orcs, which is lead by Azog. Lightly peaking over, he sees Azog there on his warg then hides from him. Azog stops to look around and heads on his way from them. Bilbo goes to leave, he spots a much larger creature there in a short distance. As he was leaving, there was a growl from the creature then it roars out. He gets there as the others heard the roar.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin asked Bilbo.

"Too close, couple of leagues, no more. But that is not the worse of it."

"Have the orcs picked up out scent?"

"Not yet, but they will do. We have another problem."

"Did they see you? They saw you?"

"No, that's not it."

"Good, what did I tell you? Quiet as a mouse. Excellent burglar material."

The dwarves started talking amongst themselves an agreeing with Gandalf. He looks around and sees Zarneleane there not far from them. She nods to him before he continues and smiles at him.

"Will you listen! I'm trying to tell you that there is something else out there."

"What form did it take? Like a bear?"

"Ye....Yes, but bigger. Much bigger."

Everyone looks at Gandalf for an answer while he's thinking.

"You knew of this beast?"

Gandalf doesn't reply but turns to thinks for a moment. Zarneleane gets up off the rock that she was resting up against and moves her limbs for a moment.

"I say we double back."

"We'll be run down by a pack of Orcs."

"There is a house, it's not far from here, where we might take refuge."

"Whose house? Are they friend or foe?"

"Neither. He will help us or he will kill us."

"What choice do we have?"

Suddenly they hear the creature roaming nearby. They are on edge while waiting and before they head to the house.

"None."

The dwarves and Bilbo make a run for it from the Carrock lead by Gandalf. The cross a river before heading to the house and seeking a refuge for a time. As they run to the house, the dwarves and Bilbo were spread out over some feet away. Zarneleane and Shikoba were not far from them but staying close enough. Bilbo was not okay while heading there but he was somewhat slower than the rest of them. So Zarneleane had to keep an eye on him while heading to the house. She was already some ways ahead of him while watching for any movement followed them there.

"Don't dally, Bilbo. Hurry."

"I'm trying, Zarneleane but I don't know I can go on."

"You have to or Shikoba will have to carry you there."

With some encouragement from her, he kept running. Soon, they were in the woods and they had to keep close together and not be a part. The Orcs were not far behind when the roar came again and they stopped to glance in the direction of where it came from.

"This way! Quickly!"

As the other dwarves ran passed Bombur, he looks scared as he stands there. But he was pulled by Thorin to continue to run.

"To the house." he said while looking back. "Run!"

As they were running, Zarneleane was a few steps behind Gandalf while Bombur was running past the others. As they get to the gate, the dwarves run past it while Zarneleane climbs up the gate to stand there. The roaring got nearer to them as Gandalf stands there. They got to the house but the door was locked when Bombur ran into the doors.