Garreth's Potion

Author's Note: This chapter is so long, but please, everything will make sense in time!

________

"Come back to bed, darling."

You could feel yourself sitting up on a plush bed, feeling dangling off the side while white cotton sheets pressed up against your palms, the faintest smell of tea and lavender in the air. Besides the airy voice of the stranger behind you, the only noises to be heard were the delicate chirpings of birds outside a large window. Sunlight poured in from a foggy haze outside, barely illuminating the room in front of you. You turned around in confusion, your mouth falling slack at the sight.

Ominis lay lazily draped along an opulent bed, his morning hair thrown about in soft hanging strands, a white chemise half-undressed flowing lightly from his body. He was wrapped about in the sheets with his head pressed against the headboard, eyes closed as he, no doubt, listened to you shift before him. Something about him looked different.

"O-Ominis?" You whispered, mind racing as your pulse quickly began to match up.

You watched as the lazy smile on his face deepened at hearing your voice. How his breathing slowed with the tranquil expression. It made you wonder how long it had been since you had really seen Ominis calm. Or happy?

"Yes, my darling girl? Have you decided to come back and join me?" You didn't need sight to hear the grin in his voice. Your body flushed from the pet name, frozen in place to the sheets you shared with him.

"...hi." You almost lost yourself in the sight of him, hardly even realizing words were leaving your mouth. Somehow he looked older, his cheeks cut further in and his jaw slightly more pronounced.

He chuckled lightly, snaking his way along the covers until his hand found the ones of yours which were holding up your body. "Hello." He breathed, stroking the skin that met his grasp languidly. You looked down quickly at the contact, his touch ghosting over your body so lightly you were sure you couldn't even feel it. "My girl is in such a rush today."

You swallowed hard, not lifting your eyes from where his fingertips grazed over your wrist. "Your girl?" You repeated.

"Mmmhmm." He sighed happily, tightening the hold on your arm to pull you back. You fell back against his chest as he pulled you in, wrapping his arms around waist as his chest pressed against your back. Ominis burrowed his head into the crook of your neck, before planting a kiss on the skin that joined it and your shoulder. "Must you always smell so heavenly in the mornings?" He continued pressing kisses along your skin. You could feel your heart flutter but yet you swore you could not feel his touch on you.

"I think I should go." You mumbled anxiously. The last time you had seen Ominis he had been in a much different state, something was not right.

"Mmm, my dear. You are not going anywhere." He laughed against your skin, curling a hand up to hold you down against him closer. "There is no place I'd rather have you than in my arms or in my bed. And it appears I am a lucky enough gentleman to have you in both."

You were so stunned you could not speak, trying desperately hard to suck in air without making any noise. He continued to kiss down your back, pulling your hair to the side to press himself further against your skin. His voice called out again, quiet and sultry as it had been the entire time. There was something almost teasing about it. "Surely Sebastian will not mind if we are perhaps a little late..."

"Sebastian?" Your voice almost failed you under the enormous mess that was your brain at the way he was touching you.

"Yes, you have not forgotten our best friend's wedding have you?" He laughed calmly as if what he was saying made any sense at all.