11

connors pov

it feels like everything is a blur, these week has gone by so quickly, i don't know where it went. isabel came to regina for me, we're dating now, and im getting drafted today.

i walked the red carpet, answered interview questions, signed autographs, took pictures, i hardly remember it. now im sitting here, in my seat next to isabel waiting for the draft to start.

"with the first overall selection in the 2023 NHL draft, the chicago blackhawks are very proud to select, from the regina pats-" on the inside i start freaking out, i'm going to chicago, i'd literally rather go anywhere else "the western hockey league connor bedard" everyone immediately starts cheering, i stand up to give my parents and isabel a hug before i take off my suit jacket and head onto stage. i get up there, shake a couple guys hands, and put on my new chicago blackhawks jersey. the rest i don't remember, it's all blurry. all i know is i'm still not sure how me and isabel will do this whole long distance thing.

isabel's pov

omg, connor got drafted to the chicago blackhawks! obviously i'm really happy for him and incredibly proud, but i wish he got drafted somewhere closer, like the jets or something. we spend the rest of the day celebrating, we both are kinda in a blur, i can tell something is off about connor, he looks upset, which is weird because his nhl career just started. i go up to him and give him another hug, i could never get sick of his hugs. i pull away, still holding onto him and ask him whats the matter.

"how are we going to do long distance" he says out of the blue. there's worry in his eyes, a look i've never seen before.

"baby we'll make it work" i started, but was interrupted by connors worries again

"but how can you say that, we don't know how we'll make this work" he says with his arms still around my waist

"here's an idea. i still don't have a job, so i wait until you get settled in chicago and i try to find a flexible job, and i come to see you everyone once in a while?we can make an effort to keep this realationship going" i say to him.

"would you actually do that for me izzy?" he asked pulling me in closer

"yes, connor i would do anything for you" i say back giving him a kiss on the cheek. once i pull away from my his cheek he pulls me in for a real kiss- both of us forgetting we are in public with many cameras and well known people.

"get a room" we hear ethan yell from a couple feet away. we both pull away at the same time

"geez ethan your literally right here you don't have to yell" i said to him sternly

all three of us walk away together, talkings about the draft. ethan was drafted to the new jersey devils, so we were excited to get to know his team better. so far all we knew was he played with two of the hughes brothers, they are both sensations in our mind. i've only known ethan for a couple days, but i'm just so proud of him that he's also making it big.

me and connor got back to our hotel, we were both so tired from the day and couldn't wait for the concert tomorrow. madi is still out partying with everyone, probably with adam. me and connor get under the sheets, he texts madisen and tells her to be quiet when she comes back. within 5 minutes she sees a sleepy connor laying in bed, completely knocked out. she couldn't stop thinking about his worries, what if he was right? what if they couldn't make things right. her thoughts were interrupted by a drunken madi walking in, not listening to connors message about staying quiet.

"hey" i sleepily said, trying not to wake connor. he looked to peaceful when he slept.

"oh sorry did i wake you" madisen says back realizing we were sleeping

"no, i haven't been able to sleep yet" i say

"do you wanna talk about something?" she says sensing my mood. i get out of bed and sit on here with her. we both whisper since we don't want connor waking up.

"he's going to chicago. i'll be in winnipeg. he expressed his concerns to me before about it but we figured things out" i said

connors pov

"like obviously i trust him, and i love him a lot but like even the most loyal guys have trouble staying loyal when on roadies, nevermind is literally being long distance" i heard isabel say from across the room, i didn't want to say anything because i truly wanted to know her opinion. then she started crying.

"i just want a happily ever after with him but i can't tell if he wants one with me, like he can be so hard to read sometimes, and i just don't know if one day he will just randomly dump me for some hotter chick or some shit" she said bawling. her and madi then hugged and i could hear them whispering but i couldn't tell what about, so i went back to bed. i hate that izzy feels this way, and i'll try really hard to make sure she knows how i feel about her, but i just don't know how.

eventually i feel usable crawl back into bed with me, wrapping her arms around my body cuddling into my chest.

___
ahh im so sorry that it's so short again but i just wanted to get something out, i've had a rough couple days.

butttt i am going to write another book soon, i'm going to do jack hughes, i will publish the intro chapter tonight so go check it out and comment ur thoughts! please vote and comment, i wanna know what you guys think of the book so far!