24

i wake up with puffy eyes,  disassociated with the world i'm living in right now. i hope it's a dream, i pray it's a dream. it's not. I look at my phone and see just about a million missed calls and texts from connor.

c 💔
babe please im so sorry
please answer me
please pick up the phone
im so sorry
missed call
isabel im so sorry i didnt mean it
its not what it looks like
i love you so much
missed call

"blake i don't know what to do, i still love him" I cry into her shoulder.

"aww i get that, i'd say give it some time. think about it and maybe talk to him? you don't have to right now, i get that you're pretty upset at him, but just think about it, okay?"

"okay" i quietly say staring at my feet. "I just don't get it, we were so in love."

before blakeny can say anything my phone starts ringing. I look down to see that it's connor.

"should i answer this time?" she nods at me and walks out of the room.

"hi connor." i say, waiting to hear what he has to say.

"oh my god isabel you finally picked up, i'm so fucking sorry you don't even know. i swear it only happened once and-"

"but it still happened once." i interrupt him. "it may have only been once but it shouldn't have even happened once. connor i loved you. a lot, and you fucked that up" i say sternly.

"I'm so sorry izzy, i know that i clearly crossed the line and broke trust, but will you please give me a second chance and let me earn it back and prove to you?"

"once a cheater always a cheater. you don't get a second chance." i hang up the phone before he can say anything else.

i walk out of the room towards blake "he's fucked up beyond repair. he wants a second chance and I said no."

"slay girl, don't let men walk all over you. you don't deserve someone shitty like him." she pulls me into another hug. i look at my watch and realize this was about the time I was going to start preparing our day, but connor kinda changed those plans with his poor actions.

after hours of me and blake trying to stay busy, online shopping, cooking supper with each other, and watching movies I finally talk about the situation again.

"maybe i'll move back home to winnipeg with my parents." blakes head snaps towards my direction.

"that would be so sad, i would miss my new bestie. but I understand if thats what you need. but it would still make me sad" she says, tears starting to well in her eyes.

"well i mean the only reason I moved to chicago was because of connor. maybe i'll take stuart and go home."

she wraps me in a hug, "do whatever will help you heal."

i decide that thats what I will do. so I book flights back for the next day. I don't plan on telling my parents, this is something that i feel needs to be done in person.

"well I now have a very last minute flight tomorrow morning, so I am going to head home and go to bed. Thanks for everything blakeny, I'll miss you so much." I say getting up from the couch we were sitting on and giving her a very tight squeeze"

"I can't believe you're leaving, i'm going to be so sad without you. everytime the blackhawks play the jets ill make sure corey brings me along." both of us are full on crying now, realizing this is our last time together. my flight is really early so I won't be able to see her before i leave.

"there will always be room for you at my place. oh my god im going to miss you so much i cant do this" i say sobbing into her hug

"do you really have to go?" she cries back.

"i just need to go back, act like connor didn't happen." i say looking at her, not really believing that this is happening.

"well whatever will make you heal. i love you so much" she says giving me one last hug.

I go back to my place and start packing everything up. i don't end up getting much sleep, I spend the whole night packing and feeling anxious about everything. planes make me nervous, and everything going on with connor.

before i know it my alarm is going off, i look at my phone to see it's 4:30 am. i gave myself 10 minutes to put on my airport outfit, brush my teeth and head out the door.

on my way to the airport i stop by dunkin to grab a coffee and something to eat for breakfast. my plan is to find an airport crush and try to forget about connor, but i feel dead inside so I doubt i'll be anyones airport crush.

after a long 2 and a half hours the plane lands. i rush to grab my bags and stuart and drive home as quickly as possible.

I haven't told my parents that i'm coming home yet, but I think they'll still have open arms. i pull up to the driveway and take a deep breath and grab stuart. i knock on the door, and wait for someone to open it. i play out every possible reaction that my parents could have, but i don't have a proper response for any of them.

the door swings open and skylar stands there, mouth agape, not believing what he's seeing.

"mom" he yells, not taking his eyes off me. his eyes get a bit teary and he runs into my arms for a hug.

my mom comes running to the door to see what's up. she almost starts crying as she sees me standing there hugging my little brother.

"oh isabel!" she says pushing skylar out of the way and giving me a huge squeeze. she pulls me inside and sits me down on the couch.

at this point my whole family is sitting there, waiting for me to update them on why i'm home all of a sudden. "can you two help me get my things and then i'll explain?" i say, handing stuart over to my mom so I can go help my brothers.

between the two they are able to grab all my things and bring them inside in one trip, and I don't have to lift a finger.

now the dreaded conversation. why i'm home.

"okay, i know this isn't what you guys were expecting, hopefully you havent given my room away to anyone new cause I plan on taking it back. there's not much to the story. connor cheated on me so i'm back here, i couldn't take it there anymore. and i missed my family." i say tears welling in my eyes.

they all outburst "he did what?" chris yells, "dude I looked up to him"

"unbelievable, i thought he was a pretty cool guy but I guess not" skylar says defeated.

my dad stays silent, but he has a very stern look on his face, he looks very very upset.

"oh honey are you okay? that's never an easy thing to go through, i'm so sorry sweetie." my mom hugs me and I start crying, yet again.

"i know I didn't fully trust him" my dad mumbles, not breaking his stare at the wall.

"k enough about me, i'll be fine" i say wiping away my tears "what's new with you guys?"

"chris has a girlfriend" skylar blurts out, chris slapping his arm.

"oh really? and who is this mystery girl?" i ask him raising my eyebrows, proud of my brother for finally landing someone.

"here's the thing, you kinda know her" he says trailing off, staring at the floor.

"is that a good thing or a bad thing?" he doesn't say anything. "chris? who is it?"

"uhm, cassidy"

oh my gosh yall i abandoned you again, thanks for 42k!

also i completely lied last chapter im not announcing anything yet i'll wait til this book is done.

i was planning on wrapping it up but i have more ideas so not yet.

love yall xoxo