4

ugh i don't know what to wear! the game is in 3 hours and all i've done it showered. before choosing an outfit i straightened my dark brown hair, not wanting to dress up too much. after all, it was just a hockey game, right?

i would normally text cass and ask her what to wear but i would say she's not really in the picture anymore. i decided on a black body suit, with some cute blue jeans. i put a leather jacket on top, cause i knkw hockey games can be cold. i didn't have any merch for either teams, altho i wish i had a pats jersey, so i just put on neutral colours.

i posted a mirror pic on my instagram story. connor replied.

bedsy98
cant believe this is who u get to hang out with tonight
😍

freezies
ur making me blush stop it

bedsy98
have you decided who to cheer for yet?

freezies
you obviously 😉

___

"hey mom, dad, are you guys ready?" i called to them, hoping they would say yes.

"have you had supper yet?" is all my mom cares about.

"no, me and connor are going out after, remember?" i explain. "also you guys are just meeting connor for a short time after his game ok? i want some time with him alone."

"just as long as it's long enough for us to get an idea of who are daughter wants to date" my dad said with a stern voice.

while my family was eating supper i was sitting in my bed, unable to stay still. i was so excited, nervous, happy, all the emotions imaginable. i didn't know how to contain them, so i decided to call up an old friend. her name is sarah. me and her haven't talked in person for a long time, we met in kindergarten, but we kinda drifted apart in grade 5 when me and cass became inseparable.

sarah - sandy

isabel
hey sarah, i know we haven't talked in a while but i need someone to talk to.

sandy
hey isabel! what do you wanna talk about? is cass not there? 

___

i explained to sarah the situation between me and cassidy, she's on my side with this, she doesn't think that it was the time or place for cassidy to say what she said. sarah was actuallt excited for me, that i finally found someone. Cassidy had always been the one in our duo to pull guys, she's had so many boyfriends, and i've never had one. and whenever i did have someone like me back, it always goes back to her. she was never happy for me.

i was getting so nervous, i was almost debating about just not going, but sarah told me i can't ditch, this is my time to shine, so i need to go and shine. eventually the time comes when we need to leave for the game, so we all pile into the vehicle. on the way to the arena i text connor asking him where to meet after the game, he says to meet inside the arena, by the entrance. he says he will be out around half an hour after the game ends.

he got us pretty good seats, right across from the benches, a couple of rows up. while he was warming we made eye contact, and i gave him a big smile, he gave me a half smile, it looked forced. great, now im overthinking all of this.

in the first period regina was leading, 2-0, connor scoring the first goal and assisting the second. he was doing so good, but i couldn't help but think about the look he gave me before. the game went on, and in the left 10 minutes of the third period winnipeg scored 2 goals, making it tied. they went into overtime and winnipeg ended up winning. i could tell connor was disappointed.