9

me and connor had just made things official, so i pitched to him the karma is my boyfriend shirt for the concert. he loved it and decided to tear the black shirt with a brown flannel over, so he could still go for evermore.

connor helps me unpack my things into his room, then we head downstairs for supper. his dad barbecued some burgers and his mom made curly fries, which are my favourite! they ask me all about my family and friends. i have to explain to them that i don't really have any friends currently.

"my best friend since kindergarten has always been really toxic, but i always kept her around cause she's all i had, but i had enough and we aren't really friends anymore." i said to them "so now i have my brothers and connor and thats about it" i say laughing. connor reaches under the table and puts his hand on my thigh, silently letting me know that he's here for me.

"well you have me too" madi says "i'd love to get to know you better, you seem super chill. especially if you two are going to eventually start dating, we can get closer!" she says really excitedly

"actually, we made things official" connor awkwardly says to his family.

they all congratulate us and say how excited they are. we decide that for the evening me and connor will watch a movie downstairs.

"hey can i watch with you guys?" madisen says

"no just me and izzy want to watch" connor immediately defends shooing his sister away

"no it's ok madi you can watch with us" i say to her giving connor a look

"oh are you sure?" she asks excitedly

"yeah of course, i like you better than connor anyway" i jokingly say to her.

we decided to watch the titanic, i cuddled with connor for the first half, and then i moved and cuddled with madisen for the rest, connor said he never cries so me and madi cried together when jack died.

"jack totally could've fit on that door" madisen cries

"not really" i say also in tears

madi stops crying and looks at me dead in the eyes. "what?" she says

"he couldn't fit. everytime he tried it flipped. he was doing it to save rose" i said still in tears. by this time connor was just staring at me in disbelief. he looked at me like i killed someone.

eventually madi goes to her room to go to bed, but me and connor start playing mariokart. we play all 32 rounds, no items, no CPUs, just me connor. of course i win again, but this time it was only by a couple of points.

"ahh see the practicing has been paying off" he says

"you've been practicing?" i say shocked

"just for you" he said smiling at me staring into his eyes.

we were already wearing our pjs so we decided to go to bed around 2 am, but we were too lazy to move to his room so we slept on his couch together, i lay on top of him with my head resting on his chest, my arms wrapped around his torso and our legs intertwined.

he kissed my forehead "goodnight baby" he says to me

"goodnight honey munchkin" i say grinning up at him knowing he will hate the nick name. instead of arguing with it he just smiles

"i love you" he says staring into my eyes

"i love you too" i say groggily, not believing what's happening.

next thing i know i wake up to connor moving around, he apologizes for waking me up. we check the time and it's already 10:37 am, so we decide to get up. we walk upstairs and his mom greets us

"good morning sleepy heads, did you have a good night?" she asks

"yeah" me and connor both mumble together

"why'd you guys sleep downstairs, isn't connors bed comfier?" she questions

"we were so tired last night and just fell asleep there, tomorrow night we'll get to my bed in time." he explains to her.

"well i made fresh pancakes for you guys, she says pointing to the table, you might have to warm them up i don't except you to sleep this late"

"mmm it smells amazing! thank you melanie!" i say to her giving her a thank you hug

after breakfast connor wants to take me on a drive, giving me an official tour of regina, in all its beauty.

"this was the elementary school i went to" he points at a sketchy looking building as we pass by

then before i know it he pulls into a starbucks drive through and asks me what i want. i tell him i'm not going to tell him if he's not going to let me pay. so i sat there in silence not telling him. eventually he gives in and let's me pay for both of us. we got our drinks and he drove out to a random field (there's lots of those) and we sat in the back of his truck just content in each others presence. he doesn't even have to be saying anything and i still feel like we are having the best time together. his the presence he brings with him is immense. we will spend this week together like no other because we know soon it will be back to us being long distance, he will most likely be in chicago and i'll be in winnipeg.

he brings us back to his place, only to find that his aunt and uncle are over, with 2 of his cousins. one looks about 12, and the other looks around 9. seeing connor run up to them and give them hugs is so heartwarming. he's so great with kids. damn the more i'm with him the more i realize i wanna marry this man.

i talk to his aunt and uncle, getting to know them and letting them get to know me better. they are truly the sweetest people and i have so much fun talking to them. they ask all about mine and connors relationship, and all about me in general. then the ask the dreaded question

"what will happen when connor moves away to play in the nhl?" she asks me. the entire room goes silent, everyone stares at us waiting for us to answer.

"i don't know, we haven't really talked about it." he says satisfying everyone.

all the kids are sent downstairs, so me and madi sit on the couch watching connor play mini sticks with his younger cousins, he obviously lets them win. i look at madi and express my concerns about our relationship.

"here's the thing."

"oh no, there's always a thing" she says concerned for what i'm about to say next

"i love your brother a lot, i really do, but i don't know what's going to happen when he goes to chicago. what if he meets some chick there and dumps me for her?"

"think about this. you guys have been long distance since you met, and your the only girl that's even been remotely on his mind. isabel he loves you a lot and would never give you up. you have nothing to worry about, like seriously." she says grabbing my hand squeezing it.

"ayo quit tryna steal my girlfriend" connor says as he puts his mini stick down and comes to sit with us. he grabs me and pulls me closer into him. i look up at him and give him a quick peck on the cheek. both his cousins start sticking their tongues out "ewwww" they both say

"get a room love birds" madi says to us.

"oh don't be over dramatic" i say giving madi an unimpressed look. "im kidding i love you" i say to her while putting out my hand in a heart shape towards her. she then does the same completing our heart.

"heyyy now i'm feeling left out" connor says pouting behind us

"oh go cry about it" madi says to him looking at me and laughing.

before i know it i have fallen asleep, but i'm woken up by connor carrying me to his room, setting me on his bed and him crawling in with me. he kisses my cheek

"goodnight sweetheart, i love you" he says

"i love you too honey munchkin" fully embracing the cringy nick name

___
again sorry it's so short, i wrote this one in like an hour so excuse any spelling mistakes or anything odd, thank you so much for the support i never expected the book to do this well! please vote and comment!