19

I walk off the airplane in chicago and get my baggage, going through the airport trying to find connor, he said he would be waiting for me. I don't think i've ever been so excited to see him again, now that i know i get to basically live with him.

my eyes scan the airport when suddenly they lock on him. his eyes light up as we start to run towards each other. i've always thought it was cringey when couples ran up to each other in the airport, but now i understood, all i wanted was him and nothing was going to get in the way of that. in the way of us.

we weren't far from each other to begin with, so we quickly reached each other and he pulled me straight into a hug. i've never had anyone hug me as passionate as connor does. it had only been a week since we last saw each other but i think the whole idea of this being my new home made all the difference. shows our loyalty for each other and that we're in this for the long run.

as we hug i can almost feel a tear fall down my face, i never thought i could love someone this much, but here we are. it feels like we are standing in this airport for hours, just hugging. eventually i pull away, now tears falling down both our faces. he pulls me in for a kiss, i hate that we've become *that* airport couple, but i honestly don't care. all i want it him.

-

we find our way to our apartment building, and he brings me up to his so i can leave my bags there. all my stuff is already in my apartment, so he's going to get a couple of the teammates to help us rearrange my place.

a couple hours pass by, and soon my apartment is my new home. the rest of the guys all left, leaving just me and connor. we walk to my new room and lay on the bed, tired from the last couple hours of work.

"i have the day off today, we should go out somewhere nice" connor says to me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me on top of him.

i press my lips up to his "that sounds wonderful," i say against them. i find myself falling deeper into the kiss by the second, i really want to go further, but before we can Corey walks into the room, "oh sorry" he says before immediately turning away and walking out.

"hey perry come on back," connor says i climb off of him, slightly embarrassed as to what corey just walked in on.

"ah i'm sorry i just forgot my screw driver here, my wife wants me to build her a new nightstand, i knocked and no one answered, the door was unlocked so i assumed it was fine, i didn't mean to interrupt" he apologized like 8 times.

"no really dude it's fine," connor laughs as he pats corey's back. we both walk him out and make sure to lock the door this time. we walk to the kitchen to get something to drink, i open my cabinets and reach up to grab a glass when i feel connor's arms wrap around my body, and his head resting on my shoulder. i can feel his whole body up against mine, making me want him more than ever. we haven't even slept together yet, our parents never allowed us but now we can do whatever we want- whenever we want.

i turn around hugging him back, we stand there for a couple minutes, calmed by each others presence.  "so about that going out idea, you still good with that?" connor mumbles against my neck. "oh yes, very"

connor pulls up the vehicle to a fancy restaurant, i've never been but i trust connors judgment of what's good and what isn't around here. we get out of the vehicle, both with sunglasses on, trying our best to hide our identity without trying too hard. the hostess sits us down, taking our drink order and coming back pretty quickly with our drinks.

we sit for a couple hours, just enjoying each others company. "i'm so happy we can see each other now whenever we want" connor said, grabbing my hand. "and i can come to all of your home games!" i remind him, really excited. "you'll need to get a jersey then soon" connor said, pausing to see my reaction "i mean if your going to be at all my games" he says sounding like he's hinting at something. "maybe i will get one" i say blushing, thinking about how happy i am to be with him. "who's jersey do you think you'll get?" he smirks, waiting for my reaction. "hmm i don't know. maybe i'll get a Kane jersey, always a classic." i watch connor's smile go away pretty quickly, "take it back" he says immediately, letting me get under his skin.

we eventually drive back to our building, he puts his hand on my thigh, leaving it there to rest. god he makes it so hard to focus.

we decided that once we get back we'll go our separate ways, we're both extremely tired and want to go to bed early. we drops me off at my place, coming inside for a quick second so he can give me a hug and a kiss before bed.

"goodnight isabel" he says pulling my into him, squeezing me harder than he probably ever has. "goodnight connor" i say back, pulling away from the hug to give him a quick kiss before bed. we pull apart after the first kiss, "i love you izzy" he says staring deep into my eyes. "i love you too connor" i say teary eyed right before going back for another kiss.

im so sorry that it's been so long and so inconsistent, life's been crazy

hope you like it, also we're almost at 22k reads????? insane