17

i walk out of connors room, wearing my pjs still. i find connor sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone. he looks up at me as he hears me shuffling around. "hey did you see that people are starting to realize we're a thing?" he asks me, with a little bit of pain in his voice. "yeah i saw" i answer his question shortly. "i'm so sorry" he starts to get up off the couch and walk towards me with his arms open, wanting to pull me in.

"hey no, don't worry about it connor, it's not your fault at all." i wrap my arms around his body, pulling me into his chest. "but i know you never wanted to be a publicly known person and if people find out about us we we'll be-" i cut him off by pressing my lips against his, he's quick to kiss me back, his hands trailing to the small of my back. we hold the kiss for a tad longer before we pull apart "hey, it's ok" i reassure him.

-

"hey did i ever mention that apartment i saw for rent in my building?" connor asks me, noticing it stresses about house hunting.

"oh i think you may have mentioned it, i should definitely check it out!"

-

we both get back to his apartment after a long afternoon of touring apartments and i think i've made my decision.

"i think i know which one i want" i say to connor, waiting for his reaction.

"oh yeah? and which one is that?" he asks walking closer to me.

"i want the one here, the one downstairs" i say to him, his eye's immediately go big

"wait really?! omg isabel that's amazing!" he says wrapping me in a hug and rocking us side to side. "when do you want to confirm with them?" he questions

"do you think we could go now? i wouldn't want to lose it because i was procrastinating" i say to him, hoping he's willing to finalize the deal now.

we reach out to the realtor, and after lots of paper work and time we finalized it, the place is officially mine!

i call my parents to tell them the news, "hey guys," i say as they both come into frame. "hey isabel, we miss you so much already, and it's only been a day or two!" my mom interrupts me. "i miss you guys too, but good news! i found an apartment! it's in the same building as connor, just one floor down!" i say excitedly to my parents

"hey who are you talking to?" connor walks into the bedroom and immediately slaps his hand on his mouth, "sorry i didn't know you were on the phone" he whispers as he starts to leave.

"hey come say hi, connor, it's my parents!"

we all catch up for a couple minutes before my parents have to go, so me and connor get comfortable as the evening comes. i feel very at peace with my decision to move in the same building as connor, but not same apartment. i just think we just started dating so it wouldn't make sense to make that change yet, when the then comes we'll deal with it then.

-

hey y'all, sorry for the short chapter and sorry it's been so long, school has me busy

anyway hope you enjoy it, pls comment and vote. thanks for 10k, it means a lot to me!

go read my jack hughes fic 'heartbreak prince'