Chapter 10: Horror of losing

Third person's POV

Nearby on some of the rocks in the water, Jake had hopped off from his skimwing as he sees all of the kids on Tiana and they were heading towards him before Lo'ak calls out to him in a desperate way as he waves a hand around to catch his attention "Dad!, Help!, It's Neteyam!" Siobhan's cheeks were already stained with a few tears as she holds Neteyam close to her chest and she looks down at the older boy who was breathing very fast with some wheezes. The human girl couldn't lose him and she couldn't let this take him away from her and his family but she wouldn't allow that since there were too many things left that she wanted to do with Neteyam and they were too many things left unspoken to be told out-loud since Siobhan really badly wanted to grow old with Neteyam, experience a long life with him and just maybe even become mates with him and even if she fought about her ever-growing feelings for Neteyam, there wasn't anyway of denying it now that she was unconditionally in love with Neteyam. The human girl adored everything about him from Neteyam's protectiveness and his dramatic hair swings to his love for his family and Siobhan loved and she adored everything about him but she wasn't about to let everything that they've been through together as a duo go to waste since she believed that everything happens for a reason and losing Neteyam wasn't supposed to happen since there was no Siobhan without Neteyam and they were a pair and they would die as a pair too. "Quick!, we must hurry!" Tsireya shouts out-loud quickly as they had arrived at the rocks and she helps Siobhan with gently bringing Neteyam off from Tiana before everyone else helped the coughing young adult man up onto the rocks. "Watch his head!" Lo'ak warned everyone as they did this and Jake helped them with pulling his eldest son up through the rushing waves and the group lifted him up as they brought him into the middle area of the rocks and they gently placed him down.

Siobhan was straight away by his head as she cradles it in her hand and she holds one of his hands with her free hand while Lo'ak places some pressure onto his bleeding wound. "It's okay, Net, we've got you" Siobhan said to Neteyam in a shaky voice as she tries to keep it steady and she tries to reassure him and herself while she knew that this was looking bad for him but Jake was beside her as he carefully flipped Neteyam over onto his back and he saw how the bullet went through and he was bleeding really badly before Jake said to himself with a gasp "Oh no" Jake then pushed down onto Lo'ak's hands that were putting some pressure on the wound as he said to Lo'ak "Keep your pressure on it" The sound of an Ikran then flew down onto the rocks as Neytiri jumped down off of it and she rushed over to the group as she saw that Neteyam was hurt before Siobhan looked at Jake and Neytiri through her blurry vision with her brows frowning and a lost look on her face as to why Neteyam's parents weren't doing anything to help him before she turns to look at Lo'ak and she sees him looking at her with watery eyes and a defeated look on his face before she whispers to herself in despair since she didn't know what to do to help him either "No, why isn't anyone doing anything to help him?" Lo'ak then continues to place some pressure through his tears as the blood wasn't stopping and Neteyam's wound wasn't getting any better before Siobhan felt a weak squeeze to one of her hands and she looks down to see Neteyam staring at her with a look of despair and she releases a sob as she saw the look on his face, he was really scared to die but he wouldn't let her see it. "It's okay, it's okay Neteyam, I swear, you'll get through this" Siobhan said to him through her tears as she quivers her lips before she brushes his braids back out of his face while she prays to Eywa in her head before Neteyam weakly shakes his head at the human girl while he tries his best to hide the pain that he was in now as he stares into her teary eyes before he said to her "You have to let me go" Neteyam then gasps as he makes some more choking noises before he looks at Lo'ak as he said to Siobhan "You will have to take good care of Kiri, Lo'ak and Tuk for me, I need you to do that for me" A strangled cry then rips free from out of her throat at his words and she moved their intertwined hands up onto his chest while she said to him and she shakes her head as she was begging to him with tears rushing down her face and Neteyam smiles sadly at her "No, I need you!, please"