X. ill be getting over you, my whole life

February 26, 2020

Betty's POV

It had been months since the move, months since the fight, month since the end. Betty had adjusted to her new life in Los Angeles. She had finally met Taylor's parents, now her grandparents, who adored her dearly. They accepted her as family in the blink of an eye.

Betty had grown really close with Andrea. She was like a second mother to her. If Joe was away and Taylor was busy, Andrea was there. Scott was too don't get me wrong, but Andrea was just closer. She'd do her hair sometimes when Taylor went out. The news had also broke about a mysterious girl Taylor had been caught with while shopping. It had forced the family to come to an agreement that they needed to announce the addition to their family the evening of. Rumors were spreading too quick and needed to be shut up as soon as possible. With the help of Tree, Taylor's publicist, Taylor had posted a picture of the two of them laying on the floor after hours of writing that Joe took, announcing that they had been fostering a kid and wanted to officially adopt her soon.

@taylorswift                                        •••

🟢🟤🟡 liked by joe.alwyn, bettyalraddy, and 18,282,297 others
❤️💬✈️                                              ⭐️
taylorswift I'm SO excited to finally be able to tell you all... we are foster parents! We started fostering 16 year old Betty many months ago back in August and she's brought nothing but joy and delight to our lives. We are so grateful to have her and we'd love to adopt her so we can spend forever with her. Here's a toast to the BEST daughter ever 🥂❤️ @bettyalraddy @joe.alwyn

January 13

view all 876,297 comments
bettyalraddy luv you mama swift❤️
| joe.alwyn We love you Bet!

And in the blink of an eye, it's February. The family had recently also celebrated Joe's 28th birthday, before that was the release of the documentary Miss Americana which did feature Betty in it! All of that was wonderful, enchanting you could say, But nothing ever lasts, now it was time to snap into reality.

Taylor's POV

News of a deadly virus being found all throughout world was spreading like wildfire. Taylor had immediately met with her team after seeing this and as a group, they decided for safety reasons it was best to cancel. Today, the 26th, was the day Taylor decided to announce it to the world. Taylor's number one priority was safety for her fans, (and that refunds would be available). The moment was coming to announce it and the anxiety was anything but exhilarating. Taylor had never once cancelled a show before and now she was cancelling four. She decided Twitter was best and she would have her team TaylorNation post their own version of the apology and announcement. Taylor looked at the post button, then looked at the room. All 5 pairs of eyes were on her. Okay. You got this. It's the safest thing to do.