The Boy From the Bakery

The boy and [Y/n] stared at each other for a good 5 seconds, not a single word spoken between them.

It almost felt like an eternity.

If [Y/n] were to describe in words how it felt, she could only say that it cheesily felt like she got pulled in by this boy's beautiful eyes, just like in those silly, sappy romance books. She really could not stop staring at them even if she had wanted to.

They were truly the prettiest eyes the girl had ever seen in her life.

Crystal blue and clear. Their shape is quite circular and cute and even though they are quite big eyes, they don't give the impression of empty-headed thinking. They seem quite piercing and full of thoughts.

Her own consciousness then realized how creepy she must have been to the other, having been directly staring at his eyes for more than a good handful of seconds. Thankfully she didn't say what she had thought aloud or else she was sure she was going to get kicked out and reported. The girl began to slightly sweat from her own shame.

Stop being such a creepy little shit, [Y/n].

Yet, she didn't pull her gaze away.

Despite time seeming to momentarily stop, [Y/n] could still notice things happening around her. Like the fact that the boy raised his eyebrows slightly in surprise, as if he was confused that he had seen her in the bakery. She thought it was a little weird when he raised his brows in familiarity since she had never seen this kid before. At the small look he gave her, felt a small feeling of disappointment when his eyes morphed from shock to confusion to somewhat scared at her now.

Did she really make everyone feel scared of her just from her gaze alone?

It reminded her of how she was treated in school which made her feel a little worse.

But the boy didn't say anything.

[Y/n] decided that this was the best time to break the ice as she could feel her own awkwardness climbing up her back.

"Hey. So, I'm looking for [favorite type of pastry]. Do you know where that is?" She cooly said, not wanting to make things any more uncomfortable than they already were.

That small look of fear quickly erased from his face once [Y/n] had asked her question, following a much more embarrassed and flustered one.

"O-Oh! Yes! It's right over here, let me show it to you." He strides quickly from behind the counter to show her the way. He was quite bad at playing off his emotions, [Y/n] could still see the small flush of embarrassment on his cheeks.

Cute.

And then she proceeded to bash herself against the wall internally, realizing the pastry she had wanted was right where she was originally standing, just a little hidden behind some sandwiches.

Ahaha, I really am just a dumbass. Embarrassing. Ahahaha...

"Thanks. I was looking for these everywhere." She politely thanked the boy. He shook his head in response.

"Oh, it's no problem." He grinned, rubbing the back of his head, "And um, sorry about earlier, I just had a lot of work to do beforehand, I stayed up late because of it."

[Y/n] hummed in acknowledgment.

I didn't really need a reason to why you were sleeping, but thanks I guess.

Hey, at least it was handed to her. She wouldn't have minded if it wasn't but it was cool. To each their own.

"No need to apologize. I understand completely, homework always swamps me up. It has me staying up really late in the night." She chuckled lightly, before scanning her eyes around the bakery.