You Can't Make Up Your Mind

Alone in his bedroom, Miyamura was pondering.

Carelessly twirling his pencil in his fingers, he stared at the blank notebook paper in front of him. What had seemed like a good time to start working on homework soon turned into a time of endless thoughts, each one swirling more and more inside the catastrophic tornado that was his mind. Even for being in a quiet and peaceful room, Miyamura's heart was trembling with conflict. It seemed like no matter what he did, this long lasting tension would not ease. To hopefully clear his consciousness, Miyamura's pencil gently touched the paper and began to write. An emotion inside of told him that he needed to do this.

I...

He paused, and an image of [Y/n] flashed through his mind. His mind suddenly felt foggy again, yet he continued to write in hopes of releasing his feelings.

I like...

With another pause, he tapped his pen on the unfinished sentence. Though he wanted to push his true, unfiltered thoughts back into the depths of his mind, he realized that holding on any further wouldn't help his current problem. A small part of him wanted to convince himself that he was unaware of what he really wanted. He pushed on forward anyways.

I like you?

Miyamura looked down at the words and sighed, "[L/n]---"

"[Y/n]. You can call me by my first name if you want."

A smile formed on his face once he remembered her sweet voice. Even if the clouds inside of him continued to swirl, the privilege of being allowed to say her first name made him feel closer to her. He felt very happy that he got to call her [Y/n]. But then, a sudden thought entered his mind, adding to the pile.

Wait, did I ever give her permission to...

Miyamura tapped the tip of his pen on the notebook's lines again. Feeling as though writing on paper wasn't helping much, Miyamura figured that maybe speaking aloud would help him. For now, he pushed those thoughts about her first name aside and focused back to his initial worries.

"[Y/n]...says she likes me and she's always teasing me. But, she hasn't done anything romantic towards me. Does she like me?" Miyamura frowned when he thought about it once more, "She must have been kidding. She does make fun of me a lot. And she has been ever since we've become friends." He sighed again, deciding that he already wasted enough time thinking about something that he shouldn't have.

Meanwhile, in the [L/n] household from the other side of the block, [Y/n] stared at the small display ring she had gotten from Miyamura a while back, giggling at it when she really got down to inspect it.

He's such a silly dude. So silly. She thought with glee, rolling lazily around in her bed as she held the ring. There had been nothing special that suddenly caused her to take interest in the ring that had sat on her desk for a while now. In fact, she had been planning to study more for an upcoming test. If it weren't for the small lamp on her glass reflecting against the ring, she would have probably had a much more productive study session.

A gift from him, heh. Do you think that maybe he... She stopped her own mind before she could finish, staring at no particular spot on the small object. I mean...

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

During gym class, [Y/n] spotted Yoshikawa and Ayasaki parallel to where she was standing. They both seemed to be talking about something she couldn't hear. Normally, she would mind her business and move on---it's not like she was buddy-buddy with the pair. However, today, she felt like speaking with them. Mostly about Hori, considering she couldn't find the brunette anywhere.