The Student Council

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon when Miyamura had decided to visit the [L/n] household for the day. He had nothing else to do, so he thought that he might as well hang over at [Y/n]'s place. That day, it was just going to be Hina, Miyamura, and [Y/n] in the house, as the other [L/n] family members were out and about.

While playing a game of checkers with Miyamura, Hina suddenly remembered something from the Friday preschool class.

"Big sister, what is the student council?"

Hina glanced over to her older sister, taking her attention off of her and Miyamura's game. She frowned as she answered the question, deep in thought. [Y/n], who was busy doing some unfinished homework beside them, stopped her writing and raised her head to look back at her.

"The student council?" She inquired, "It's just a council run by students."

Hina gave an estranged look back to her. In response, [Y/n] gave a small, wonky smile.

"Well, it's basically a group of classmates that help the teachers out. Teachers sometimes need some more help than they realize, so getting that extra help is really important for them."

A lightbulb seemed to turn on above the girl's head as she went back to playing her game. Miyamura took a quick peek at [Y/n] from the corner of his eye before making his move on the board.

"Were you ever in the student council, [L/n]?" He asked.

After a small paise, the girl nodded her head, laying her chin on her palm. She quickly wrote down the last few answers to her homework questions.

"Yeah, when I was in middle school." She said, a small smile rising in her face, "Why do you ask?"

Miyamura shrugged, placing his checker piece which effectively allowed him to win the game. He swiftly took Hina's piece, causing a sound of shock from the girl. Miyamura gave a small chuckle and patted her head, giving her a small grin in victory, much to the younger's demise.

"No reason. You kinda seem like the type who would be in it, I guess. Also, Hori said something about doing some work for it." He placed the checker piece down in front of a determined Hina.

"Are you asking me to do work for the student council?"

"No. Just a thought."

[Y/n] hummed, taking his answer. While thinking t put her homework away and maybe start on some homework due next week, she noticed Hina's eyes staring directly at her. Curious, she raised a brow to the little girl.

"What is it, Hina?"

"Big sister, you were in the student council?!" She yelled, slamming her hands down on the table. "I heard from my teacher that only honor students are in the student council! My teacher said that they're the best students around! Big sister, you're that great of a student?"

[Y/n] raised an eyebrow, feigning a frown, "You didn't know your big sister was this good?"

Hina whipped her head to beam at Miyamura, pointing excitedly at her sister.

"Really?! Big brother Miyamura, is it true? Is my sister really an honor student?"

"Eh? Why do you have to look at Miyamura for approval? Do you think I'm lying or something?" Hina received a light bonk on her head from her older sister, but nevertheless looked toward Miyamura with shining eyes. It seemed her determination for his answer did not falter in the slightest. It made [Y/n] wonder if Hina's favorite person was no longer her, but Miyamura instead.