Izumi's Spring

TW: Miyamura's past in this chapter → some blood, pins being used for piercings ears unsafely, Miyamura being outcasted by classmates, depression is hinted at

I'm not to familiar with TW (I don't really have any myself), so please message me personally if there were any TW I missed and I'll add them here! (Or if some of the TW mentions here aren't needed!)

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

Amongst the chattering of classmates, the board, posted with the new classes for the semester was finally posted. Given it was the beginning of their third year, all the students seemed especially excited for which class they would have. One of the students within the crowd, Kyouko Hori, bounced up in joy upon seeing her name in class one, right next to her friend, Yuki Yoshikawa.

"My name is here! Class one! The same class as Yuki!" She cheered, high fiving her friend beside her.

Yoshikawa was just as excited as she was, giving a small 'Yay!' at her words. The olive haired girl, once noticing it, then pointed to her other friend's, [Y/n] [L/n], name on the board. "Looks like you're also in class one, [L/n]! Hooray!"

The more reserved girl out of the three, standing more away from the crowd, simply gave a nod in acknowledgement. Unbeknownst to everyone else, she let out a small smile to herself, happy that she was able to make it into the same class as everyone else.

Yes! Score!

Meanwhile, Syu Iura, who stood next to Miyamura and Ishikawa, slumped when he saw his classroom number. It wasn't the same as Miyamura and Ishikawa's, who had both also gotten classroom one. However, Ishikawa physically brightened at the result, turning to Miyamura and pumping his fist.

"Yes!! I'm in class one, too! Isn't it amazing? Is it love?!" He turned to Miyamura, sparkles practically pouring out of his irises. Ishikawa was so excited that for a split second his own reputation didn't even matter to him anymore. Girls behind them began whispering to each other about what he had said which fell deaf upon Ishikawa's ears for once.

"Love? Ishikawa said something like that?"

"Eeeeeh? Are those two like that?"

"Was Miyamura seduced?"

As they continued to chatter on and on, [Y/n] realized Miyamura began to half cry, most likely out of embarrassment. After spending many days and afternoons together, the way he was shaking was obvious in her eyes. She felt an oncoming headache that started to pulse on her right temple as she continued to listen to the girls blabber on more.

[Y/n] wasn't the only one who had noticed Miyamura, however, as Hori quickly saw his state as well.

"Miyamura! What class are you in--gya!" Hori startled upon seeing the boy's sad face and shaking body, "Why are you half crying?"

Miyamura, who was slightly trembling with tiny tears in his eyes, could only mumble out a response. "Because they're whispering about me." He muttered wanly.

[Y/n], suddenly feeling her headache get worse, stood up from the wall she was leaning on before rudely walking between the girls which caused them to break their conversation. Her intrusion caused a following awkward silence.

In retaliation to being interrupted, the girls glared at [Y/n]'s back and began whispering about her. [Y/n], as always, didn't give a damn, and continued to do whatever she wanted. She ended up standing behind Miyamura, covering him enough so the girl's couldn't look at his back anymore. Finally, [Y/n] quickly looked over her shoulder and gave one last terrifyingly cold glare to the girls behind her, causing them to shiver with fear.