Not So Secret Anymore.

Maeve woke up to an empty apartment.

Whether she was disappointed or not, didn't matter. The smell of coffee still lingered, a bowl left in the sink with a small amount of milk left inside it.

The apartment seemed less welcoming. The rooms almost seemed colder, the light less bright.

Maeve scolded herself, she wasn't about to feed into those delusions. Dragging her feet to the kitchen, she waited for her bread to finish in the toaster. She stared at the counter, slipping into her own world. She was living on little sleep. Her mind too busy over analysing everything. The 'ding' sound of her phone notification broke her away from her thoughts. At the same time, her bread popped up from the toaster. Setting the food on a plate she spread butter onto both slices, the heat causing it to melt.

Sitting on a stool, Maeve pulled her phone from her trouser pocket. She opened her messages as she ate.

Emilia

Meet for coffee at 2? I'll send you the address, you'll love it!

Maeve didn't have anything else to do today, and Charlie was away. Anyways, Emilia was so far her only female friend in Germany. She couldn't possibly be stuck with boys twenty four - seven, without going mad.

Finishing her toast, Maeve sent her response back. She put her plate in the sink and went to prepare her things for a shower.

Maeve
Great, see you then!

***

The cafe Emilia had chosen luckily was located near her apartment building. The weather turned from being cloudy, to being extremely sunny and bright, almost magically. The temperature was set to stay over 25° for the rest of the day. Everyone seemed to be walking instead of driving. Girls were wearing shorts and crop tops, men wore shorts and tank tops. Some even shirtless.

Maeve made sure to not forget her sunscreen. She wore a white crop top and green flower patterned skirt. It went to her mid thigh, she couldn't bear wearing trousers in this heat. Her hair was tied in a plait, out of her face. It was most likely raining in Ireland. Charlie would probably prefer that over this heat.

Looking both ways as she crossed the street, Maeve made her way to the cafe. It was a big enough cream coloured building. It stood inbetween a jewellers, and a shoe shop. Pushing open the door as the bell above it chimed, Maeve searched for Emilia.

The floors were wooden, along with all the furniture and countertop. The shelves behind the counter were stacked with jars of cookies, small fake plants and other decorations. Doughnuts, cake, cookies and biscuits were all on display on the counter, sandwiches and other foods were displayed underneath. The menu was written on a large blackboard over the counter on the wall, between all the shelves. The whole place was busy with people, their chatter filling the walls of the building.

"Maeve!"

Maeve's eyes followed the voice until she spotted Emilia sitting at a table near the back. The girl smiled brightly as she waved Maeve over.

Maeve made her way over.

"Thank goodness you're here!" Emilia let out a breath of relief, "the waiter kept pestering me about ordering, but I didn't want to order without you because I was scared that might seem rude"