Girls Interrupted.

"LOOK INTO MY EYES!"

"CAN'T YOU SEE THEY'RE OPEN WIDE!"

"WOULD I LIE TO YOU BABY?!"

"WOULD I LIE TO YOU?!"

The two girls sang the lyrics loud and out of tune. A bottle of wine being passed between them as they danced on the couches, the table and the countertop. Maeve had changed into sweatpants and a black crop top, Emilia wore a grey hoodie and white shorts. The movie was muted as neither of the girls found it very entertaining, singing their tipsy hearts out seemed and proved to be more fun.

After the photoshoot, Maeve invited Emilia back home. Charlie wasn't back yet and the boys were at a nightclub. Maeve took a swallow of the wine, passing it back to her friend who took a larger gulp from the bottle.

Their voices were becoming hoarse, that was to be expected when you've screamed at least fifteen songs from the tops of your lungs. Maeve collapsed onto the couch, her legs spread, her arms limp at her sides and her head leaned back looking at the ceiling as she tried calming her breathing.

She heard the sound of Emilia's body falling down beside her. Emilia let out a tired sigh, not a sad or tired one. The kind when you've just seen a really good film, or ate a good meal.

It was silent, only for the sounds of their heavy breaths. Maeve didn't notice the song had changed to Fleetwood Mac's 'little lies', and that the volume had been turned down.

Maeve found herself closing her eyes.

She let herself forget about the paparazzi seeing her and Tom, she forgot about the tension between Charlie and her, she focused on the sound of Emilia's breathing mixed with the Fleetwood Mac song that was playing. It was peaceful. Maeve fell deeper and deeper into the peace, wanting to grasp onto it for as long as she could.

"May?" Emilia whispered.

"Mhm." Maeve hummed back, she was too comfortable to move or even open her eyes.

"Thank you." That was all Emilia said, in a quiet, almost nervous voice.

"I already told you, Ems, you don't need to keep thanking me for the photoshoot -"

"Not just for the photoshoot." Emilia interrupted Maeve. Colour rose to her face, it was true. She had been persistent with thanking Maeve for it. "For everything. For being nice to me. For being my friend."

Maeve frowned. Slowly she opened her eyes and turned her neck stiffly so she could look at her friend. "You'll never need to thank me for that. I'll always be your friend, Emilia."

Emilia tucked her hair behind her ear. She held her pinky finger up. Maeve copied her.

"Pinky promise we'll always be friends?" Emilia asked, smiling shyly.

"I pinky promise." Maeve assured.

Their pinky fingers intertwined. Both girls smiled at each other. Emilia pulled Maeve into a tight hug. Maeve felt her smile against her shoulder.

"I love you Ems."
"I love you too, May."

They stayed like that for a while. Both girls basking in the comfort of each other. Neither knew it, but they both needed that hug, and the promise that the other would always be by their side. It lifted a weight from their shoulders, eased a few worries.

"Want to binge watch lord of the rings for the rest of the night?" Emilia was the first to pull away. She smiled eagerly at Maeve. She had the perfect smile that Maeve would kill for.