Chapter 2

"Okay, spill," The blonde demanded, closing the door behind her as she watched Lisa tiredly sit on her bed. "You were being weird earlier."

"We just met today roomie, isn't it a tad rude to call me weird?" Lisa responded, attempting to make a joke but her strained expression clearly expressed the opposite of humorous.

Chaeyoung sat on her own bed, her eyes staring and staring and staring and it was quite unnerving. Lisa opened her mouth to ask her to stop but she quickly coughed in surprised the moment Chaeyoung asked,

"Is she your ex-girlfriend?"

Lisa stupidly gaped at her. She might as well resemble the fish on Chaeyoungs wall. She shook her wildly,

"No! Of course not! What made you think–?!"

"Lisa."

Lisa met the soft stare of Chaeyoung and could only look down,

"No, she is not my ex-girlfriend." She stared at her hands and she could hear the creaking sound of Chaeyoungs bed. The sound of careful steps nearing her before she felt her bed sink ever so slightly from beside her.

"Okay then, not an ex. Then, what was she to you in high school?"

At that moment, Lisa felt her heart constrict.

"Jennie was my best friend."

"And that was it?" Chaeyoung gently asked in a hushed voice. With a pained smile, Lisa met Chaeyoungs sympathetic eyes from beside her, as if she already knew the answer.

"She was also my first love."

It's been two weeks and Lisa realized one thing, she hasn't changed.

Yes, her hair was different, yes she looked more mature and yes she has changed her style, but her heart still beat the same and it ached the same.

She laughed grimly to herself, she really hasn't changed.

"What's funny?" Chaeyoung asked from beside her. Lisa smiled and glanced away from her book to pinch her cheek,

"Nothing."

Chaeyoung and her grew closer. Lisa considered her as one of her best friends, a sister really.

They were in the library and all Lisa wanted to do was finish her homework with Chaeyoung but it was difficult to do so when a certain girl took over her thoughts.

"Hey guys."

Speaking of...

Lisa and Chaeyoung looked over and saw Jisoo and the other two making their way over.

"Hey," Lisa said, chuckling as Jisoo tapped her head with her book jokingly before sitting herself beside her. Lisa also realized that Jisoo has become one of her favorites. They matched humor really well. Lisa lightly punched Jisoo's arm,

"What're you doing here? You don't study."

"That's what I said," Taehyung added, chuckling as he and Jennie took a seat across from them. Lisa laughed, funny enough the two got along quite nicely. Jisoo scoffed,

"I don't need to study when I can just look at Jennie's answers any time I want."

"Unfortunately," Jennie sighed. Lisa swept her eyes to Jennie and smiled lightly. She didn't know why she did that. Usually she would only glance and look away or casually greet her like her presence didn't affect her. But it did, unfortunately.