I'm Sorry

Hyunjin stares at the boy with wide eyes as Felix rips his hand away from the boy's face. At the time it took for the boys to finish the hallways were clear, and Felix walked straight out of the door. Hyunjin stands there, feeling as blood drips out of his nose. But no. He didn't move. He just stands there while blood seeps into his mouth and drips on the floor.

     There was nothing else happening in his thoughts anymore. Just the image of Felix walking away from him playing over and over again. His surroundings were just an infinite void of darkness, and he heard muffled sounds from beside him. His nose would usually stop bleeding, but it just kept going, staining his tongue and teeth a scarlet color. A puddle of blood formed at the bottom of his feet, and someone started shaking him furiously.

     "...JIN? HYUNJIN! PLEASE HYUNJIN!"

     The boy wakes up in the nurse's office with a massive headache as the boy puts his hands over his head. "Are you okay?" A voice whispers from beside Hyunjin. Hyunjin turns his head to see a younger boy with blonde hair looking at him with a worried face.

     "...Felix?" Hyunjin reaches his hand out to touch the boy's face, but he slaps it away.

     "Uh, no. Niki."

     "Nik?" The boy nods with a smile. Niki sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "But... how?"

     "I was gonna come to ask you how you and your boyfriend were doing myself cause' you were taking too long. But instead, I found you standing in the middle of the hallway with your nose bleeding like last time, but it was a lot worse. You were basically standing in your own blood. So, I dragged you to the nurse and wiped your face cause' you weren't responding to me." Niki shrugs. "So... you and Felix?" Niki asks, but Hyunjin lets out a sharp breath he didn't realize he had been holding.

     "That's something I'll pass on talking about right now."

     "Ah man... that bad?" Hyunjin nods. Niki gets up and grabs a towel handing it to the boy and clearing his throat. The silence was thick between the two of them and Hyunjin watched as Niki's mouth opens, but nothing came out. 

     "Well, I'm pretty sure you should be good for now." Hyunjin nods and sits up and hugs the younger.

     "Thank you." Hyunjin pats the boy's shoulder and walks away to his dorm room.

     Felix comes back late at night after walking around campus. Felix gets up to his dorm and reaches in his pocket for his phone when he realizes... he doesn't have it. Felix sighs and wanders his way back down the stairs when he hears something in the science lab. It was a boy... crying, Felix presses his ear against the door.

     "I never wanted this to happen momma you've got to believe me!"

     "I know Jinnie... I'm so sorry..."

     "I just want to kill Minji right fucking now I-"

     "Now Hyunjin... If you were to kill Minji then you would be no better than her now, would you? I understand that you're upset but please calm down."

     "You're such a good person ma..."

     "So are you." There was a long pause.

     "I'm sorry."

     "About what Jinnie?"

     "I'm sorry that my first love was a boy." Felix feels a tear slip down his cheek and realizes he's been crying this whole time.

     "No! You should never be sorry about that Hyunjin! From what you've told me about Felix he seems like an incredibly lovely boy! And if you love him then you should be proud of that!"  A choked sob comes from Hyunjin as he listens to his mother. Felix steps back from the door and wipes his tears when he accidentally lets out a stifled sob. Felix hears Hyunjin stop talking for a moment.

     "I have to call you back ma." Felix hears footsteps to the door until he hears it open. Hyunjin stares at Felix and the tears running down his cheeks. "...Felix?" The younger just stands there with wide eyes.

     "That girl I heard... she forced herself on you?" Felix makes an inference based on what he heard.

     "Yeah..." Hyunjin mumbles. Felix slowly walks forward and cups Hyunjin's cheek, but the younger feels Hyunjin flinch at his touch. Instantly making tears well up in Felix's eyes. Felix pulls Hyunjin back into the science lab and immediately wraps his arms around the boy after closing the door.

     Hyunjin falls to the ground taking Felix by surprise. "I'm sorry Hyunjin. I won't leave you... ever again." Felix whispers, feeling the boy hug him back tightly, crying softly. Felix backs away and looks the boy in the eyes. "Will you make me a promise?" Felix smiles, and Hyunjin nods quietly. "Promise you'll kiss me at least once when we're not both crying?" Hyunjin chuckles, and Felix blushes at the sound.

     "I promise." Hyunjin leans forward and closes the gap between them, and Felix tilts his head which Hyunjin finds cute. The elder puts his hand on the back of Felix's head and lays him down on the floor, he backs away and kisses the boy on the cheek. Felix sits up and uses Hyunjin's arm to stand up. Holding each other's hand, they walk back to their dorm and lay down on the elders' bed.

     Holding him close, Hyunjin buries his nose in the crook of the boy's neck. His smell alone making Hyunjin fall asleep, cinnamon and vanilla filling the boy's nostrils.

     Felix wakes up to Hyunjin tightly gripping the younger's hand while sweating, mumbling in his sleep. "Felix... I'm sorry I hurt you... don't leave me..." blood runs out of his nose, and Felix feels it drip on his hand.

     "Hyunjin. Wake up." Felix shakes the boy awake and Hyunjin quickly realizes his nose is bleeding and covers it.

     "Sorry Felix." Hyunjin immediately gets up and walks to the bathroom. A few minutes later Hyunjin comes back out and sits on the bed next to the younger. After a second of silence, Felix jumps towards Hyunjin and hugs him tightly.

     "Guess what!" Felix says, sounding more excited.

     "What?" Hyunjin chuckles at the boy's sudden adorable act.

     "I like you, Hyun!"