Silent Cry

Hyunjin sits on his bed in the middle of the night, just looking at his phone. The boy scrolls through the contacts and clicks on one.

     Hey Seungmin... you awake? A couple of minutes go by and after Hyunjin decides to put down his phone, he hears it buzz.

     What's up? Chris is awake too.

     Uh... I'm just bored. Can't sleep.

     Chris says you should really get some sleep Hyunjin.

     I just have a lot on my mind right now.

     If Chris is okay with it, I can come in tomorrow and visit you guys.

     Yeah, that sounds good.

     Hyunjin sighs, setting down his phone and sliding under the covers. For a split second the boy turns his head to look at the boy sleeping across the room, sighing, Hyunjin rests his head on his pillow and tries to go to sleep.

     The next morning Hyunjin wakes up with a massive headache. The time on his phone reads 4:18 A.M., and despite the early morning Hyunjin slips out of bed and walks over to the bathroom. The heavy rain masking the sound of the boy taking a shower. Hyunjin steps out of the shower, drying off and slipping on a gray sweater and black jeans. Slinging a towel around his neck the boy walks back over to his bed to see Felix awake as well. "What's got you up?" Hyunjin asks, making the boy turn towards his voice.

     "The rain is a bit loud." Felix sighs, his morning hair looking fluffier than ever. "I have a question."

     "Shoot." Hyunjin says, starting to dry his hair with the towel.

     "Why did you call me baby again when I found you in the hallway yesterday." Felix asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

     "I already told you that Felix." The long-haired boy smiles, walking towards him. "Because you remind me of one." He ruffles Felix's already poofy hair and chuckles, making Felix sigh.

     "You don't have to keep calling me that you know."

     "I know." Hyunjin goes back to sit on his bed. He finishes drying his hair, letting it fall down the sides of his neck. The boy looks over his shoulder and grabs a hair tie when Felix speaks up again.

     "Now that I think about it, what do you look like Hyunjin?" Felix asks, making Hyunjin stop in his tracks.

     "Come here." The black-haired boy watches as Felix slowly gets up and walks even slowly over to Hyunjin's side of the room. When the younger boy softly touches his foot against the bottom of the bed, Felix leans over to touch the mattress and then he spins around to sit down beside Hyunjin. "I think... that it's easier to feel and understand someone's facial features rather than just describing it. You know?" Hyunjin asks, and Felix just shrugs. The long-haired boy gently grabs Felix's wrists and guides them to his face.

     Felix shifts towards the boy and softly cups Hyunjin's face, trailing his fingers down the boy's jawline, ending at his chin. He traces around the elders' ears and down the bridge of his nose. Hesitantly moving his thumb across the boy's bottom lip and then top. Felix reaches up until he touches the top of Hyunjin's head and then combs his fingers through Hyunjin's hair until it stops at his shoulders. Finally, he lightly swipes over Hyunjin's eyelids. Hyunjin opens his eyes with Felix's hands still lingering on his face.

     "So... what do I look like?" Hyunjin asks, and Felix smiles.

     "You have chiseled facial features. A sharp jaw and chin. Straight nose and wide plump lips. Soft shoulder length hair and cat-like eyes." Felix explains, smiling.