It's About Time

Hyunjin stares at the boy with wide eyes as Felix is giggling with his arms around the elder. "You..."

     "Mhm!" Felix smiles, he then pulls himself closer to the boy. "So... is that a yes?"

     "To what Felix?" Hyunjin leans closer to the younger.

     "To being my boyfriend!" Felix laughs so hard his head falls back and Hyunjin smiles at the sight. The younger sighs after catching his breath. "Ah... I can't believe that I'm asking you this..." He mumbles. Hyunjin looks at the boy's shy expression and chuckles, the boy snakes his arms around Felix's waist and hugs him on the bed. There was this silence between the two, but it wasn't the type that made you uncomfortable and awkward. It was the type that made you comfortable and made you feel at ease.

     "Yes." Hyunjin whispers, and the younger's cheeks are coated a dark pink. Watching Felix made the boy realize that... all of this is fucked up. It made him realize how stupid he's been. How would Felix know how to avoid being hurt or worse if he didn't know what was going on. Keeping everyone in the dark wasn't keeping them safe, no it was putting them in more danger than they were already in. 

       Hyunjin had to realize that everything got out of hand a long time ago. Before Minji forced herself on Hyunjin, before Minji stabbed Forrest, before Minji cut Yeji. He should've known something was wrong the moment Minji stepped into his fucking life. The moment Minji wouldn't let him out of her sight. "Felix..." Hyunjin cups the boy's face, and Felix's eyebrows raise. "We need to go somewhere and get the others too."

     Felix nods without questioning and uses the boy's arm to stand up. Hyunjin grabs his jacket and locks hands with Felix, walking around and getting everyone out of their dorms. Afterwards they called Chris to come with Seungmin and pick them up. They all pile into the car and Hyunjin tells Chris the address to where they are going.

     Sooner or later they all arrive at a house and Hyunjin is the first to get out and knock on the door. "May I ask who it is?" A woman says, and Hyunjin smiles.

     "Ma." The woman immediately opens the door and brings Hyunjin into a hug, dragging Felix with him since they were still holding hands.

     "I see you've brought friends with you! Hello Felix!" Mrs. Hwang hugs the boy next and goes on to hug everyone else, introducing herself. "Minho! How have you been?"

     "I've been great Mrs. Hwang!" The boy smiles widely. And last comes Yeji walking through the door. They hug and talk to the point where Hyunjin has to drag her up to his room. They all sit in chairs and gather around the boy in his room, so Hyunjin and Felix are sitting in front of them. Because Hyunjin refused to let go of Felix's hand.

     The room was silent, and the silence was thick until Hyunjin cleared his throat. "I have... something to tell you all." Hyunjin's grip tightening on the younger's hand. Everyone sits quietly, waiting for the boy to start. The slightest sound of rustling coming from Seungmin messing with the bandages wrapped around Chris' hand. "Felix. You know that girl you heard?"

     "The one that forced herself on you?"

     "WAIT WHAT?!" Minho yells at the top of his lungs.

     "Shhhh..." Felix puts his pointer finger against his mouth to tell the boy to quiet down. Felix rubs the boy's thigh to tell him to continue.

     "That girl's name is Cha Minji... the one girl brutally obsessed with me." Everyone's eyes widen but no one says a word. "And to keep it short... Cha Minji is planning to kill Felix." This time not only did their eyes widen but their jaws dropped. Felix lifts his head off of Hyunjin shoulder and turns his head towards the boy with a surprised expression.

     "What?" Felix's eyes were wide, and he had a scared expression.

     Hyunjin leans forward and squeezes the boy's hand. "I'm sorry... Felix." He whispers against the younger's ear. Felix's expression softens, and he quietly nods, resting his head back on Hyunjin's shoulder. The long-haired boy goes back to explaining. "Before you ask me if I'm joking or how I thought of this... I'll tell you." He takes a deep breath and begins.

     "3 years ago, when I first saw Cha Minji in high school... she introduced herself to me and me to her. But there was something about how she looked at me... something unsettling. After that she never let me out of her sight. Wherever I was, I saw her somewhere nearby. Now that's when I should've noticed that something was wrong, but I was too clueless to even care. One day my high school teacher assigned a partner project, and my partner was a random girl in my class. She was nice and chill, until one day I saw Minji beating on her in the hallway. That girl avoided me for the rest of the semester." Hyunjin stops for a moment as he feels tears well up in his eyes, but he didn't know why.

     "It's okay..." Felix whispers.

     The boy wipes his eyes and continues. "Afterwards, Yeji." Hyunjin motions over to the girl and she smiles at everyone. "Yeji was called out of her class, a girl told her that a teacher needed her, but I don't remember which one. After minutes of walking Yeji realized that the girl wasn't taking her to the teachers' classroom. After confronting the girl about it, Yeji was knocked to the ground and dragged to the shed behind the school. She was then locked in the shed with Cha Minji who told Yeji to stay away from me. When Yeji said no... Minji took out a knife and cut Yeji's arm from top to bottom." 

     Hyunjin stops and lets Yeji roll up her sleeves revealing the long scar on her arm, everyone wincing at the sight. The elder turns to see Felix looking confused and he lifts the younger's arm. "A scar from here-" Hyunjin points at Felix's wrist. "-to here." Hyunjin slides his finger down the boy's arm, ending at his elbow. Making Felix's eyebrows furrow. "Did you guys hear about that ambulance that showed up to our school?" Hyunjin turns his attention back to the others, and everyone nods.

     "A couple of days ago... Yeji saw me in the hallway, and we reunited since I hadn't seen her since high school. Forrest was also with us."

     "Oh yeah. By the way, where has Forrest been? I haven't seen him in a while." Jeongin asks, and everyone nods in agreement.

     "I'll... get to that." Hyunjin sighs. "While me and Yeji were talking, Minji showed up at the end of the hallway. And if she wasn't planning on killing Yeji the first time... this time she was. Forrest told me to take Yeji and run to the back door... so I did. Forrest stopped Minji from getting to us... but then while holding her down, Minji said she was going to kill that blonde kid. She only knows me, Yeji, Forrest, and Felix. So, the only person she could've been talking about was Felix." Felix lets out a sharp breath.

     "The statement caught Forrest off guard, so while he was distracted Minji pulled out her knife and stabbed him in the stomach." Everyone gasps and Hyunjin feels something drip on his hand. He turns to see Felix silently crying, but his face showed no emotion. "Are you okay Felix?" Hyunjin whispers.

     "Honestly... no." Felix wipes his tears, nestling his head against Hyunjin's shoulder. Hyunjin didn't like seeing the boy like this and hated himself for not just telling him about it sooner.

     "Forrest... had torn his liver and has severe bleeding. We were both very worried but he's recovering now." Yeji explains.

     "That's good to hear." Chris lets out a sigh of relief. Everyone agrees with Chris and gets ready to leave.

     "I'm gonna stay here for today." Hyunjin mumbles, and Yeji nods. Felix stands up using Hyunjin's arm and gets ready to leave when the elder grabs his hand. "Where are you going?" Hyunjin asks, pulling the boy closer to him.

     "Our dorm... I'm tired." Felix answers in a small voice.

     "Felix, I'm not letting you out of my sight." Hyunjin sighs, pulling the boy on top of him on the bed. Tugging the cover over them and hugging the boy close. "Try to go to sleep okay baby?" 

     "Why are you calling me baby now?" Felix asks, listening to the boy's heartbeat through his chest.

     "Because you're my baby."