Ocean eyes

Hime stepped out of the castle, the wind brushing her cheek. She halted, feeling nature's embrace envelop her body.

She giggled.

Akaza looked at her, feeling slightly guilty for her elation simply because it was her first time outside the castle in over a year. He wondered what had changed that man's mind to send her out tonight.

"Akaza-san? Where are we going?" she asked, her crimson eyes affecting him somehow. Akaza felt a twinge of sympathy.

"Muzan-sama ordered to take you wherever you wanted," he replied, smiling kindly.

"Uh-ah," she parted her lips, unable to remember any of the surroundings.

"Trees," a sudden flash of inspiration jolted through her mind.

"I want to see trees," she declared, staring intently at the demon's striped face.

She couldn't comprehend why she desired to see the trees. Despite the confusion, Akaza guided her to the densest part of the jungle, where trees filled every inch of the landscape.

The dense green forest was filled with an earthy aroma and the sounds of nature. Little raindrops fell from the leaves, and she caught one in her palm, smiling as she felt on top of the world.

"Enjoy, Tsugikuni-san," Akaza said respectfully, as he perched on a branch of a large tree a few feet away from her.

She gasped in delight as her crimson eyes lit up at the sight of glowing insects surrounding her. Their attraction to her floral scent brought them all together, causing a warmth to form in her eyelids.

Hime played with the fireflies for a while, when she suddenly sensed a presence. It flew towards her, and she instinctively stretched out her hand. The raven's feathers reminded her of something familiar.

"Aren't you a cutie?" She smiled as Kahamaru, her previous raven, perched on her palm. Her fingers stroked his feathers, feeling a comforting sense of familiarity.
-
Meanwhile, Giyuu and Sanemi were on foot that night. They had been tirelessly searching for Hime with no success thus far.

"Oi, keep your eyes on the road," Sanemi yelled, seemingly sharing the same emotions as Giyuu. Giyuu's stoic expression gradually transformed into a restless gaze.

"Tomioka! Shinazugawa! Head to the west side of the forest! Hime has been spotted," Kahamaru squawked.

Giyuu and Sanemi's eyes widened as they exchanged glances.

Without hesitation, they both sprinted toward the west side of the forest, unwilling to waste any time.

It seemed to take an eternity to arrive at their destination.

A delicate, floral scent mingled with the earthy aroma of the forest.

This area of the forest was illuminated, as though a celebration was taking place. In the center, they spotted a girl chasing fireflies, her laughter conveying pure joy.

Giyuu and Sanemi came to a stop.

She noticed them and her expression became one of confusion, her eyebrows lifting. She was breathtakingly beautiful, even more so than ever before. Rosy blush adorned her cheeks while her crimson eyes gleamed amidst the glow of the fireflies. Her pale skin radiated a soft, golden hue.

"Hime," Sanemi whispered, his eyes wide as a sense of frigid air surrounded him.

Hime felt no sense of danger from them. She walked over and stood a couple of feet in front of them, her head tilted, a sense of familiarity enveloping her.

She furrowed her eyebrows, confusion taking over. "Do I know you?" she whispered softly.

Sanemi parted his lips, speechless.

Hime looked at the blue-eyed Hashira. His gaze carried a deep sadness that tugged at her heart.

Her hands reached out involuntarily, the cool skin of her palm caressing their face and stopping them from speaking further, as confusion crossed her face.

"I-" She hesitated, overwhelmed by an unfamiliar emotion.

Akaza moved closer to her, gently touching her arm.

"Tsugikuni-san, we must leave," Akaza urged. Unbeknownst to him, Hashiras seemed to have infiltrated their location. The overpowering scent of her presence momentarily stunned his senses.

"No!" Giyuu shouted sheathing his sword, as Hime turned toward him. His familiar voice caused her lips to part in surprise, eyes meeting his dark, oceanic gaze.

Akaza knew he couldn't afford to fight in that instance. If Hime were captured, Muzan would surely punish him.

With no other option, he employed his Blood Demon Art and vanished into thin air.

Giyuu and Sanemi's eyes widened as the frigid air howled in front of them, erasing any trace of the girl who had been standing there. The only thing that remained was the distinct smell of flowers, enveloping the surroundings.

"H-hime," Giyuu whispered, his throat feeling constricted.

"She doesn't remember," a voice spoke nearby.

Giyuu nodded, but deep down, he believed that Hime did feel something. She must have felt something when she saw the both of them.

Sanemi clenched his teeth.

Damn it! Muzan Kibutsuji," he yelled, his frustration evident.

They vowed to be better prepared the next time they encountered Hime. Tonight held a surprise, and they were certain they would meet her again.

________________________________________
🥺🥺🤍 I loved writing the part where she puts her hands on their faces, feeling something 😭