Passion

The night was still young, far from reaching its end.

Muzan's behavior towards Hime had taken an unexpected turn, becoming unusually gentle after whatever had happened earlier.

But what caused this sudden change in him?

He spoke those words, almost hesitantly, "Spend more time with... me," avoiding direct eye contact, his gaze fixed upon the stars above. Hime observed his face with a mix of curiosity and awe, as a gentle breeze gently brushed his hair away from his eyes.

In that moment, she found herself thinking that this was much easier than expected, and she responded to his request with a soft nod of agreement.

Once inside the castle, Hime felt the desire to go back out and spend time with her friend. However, she realized that tonight might be one of the rare opportunities she'd have to meet him.

A conflicting feeling surged within her, as if a part of her had snapped, urging her to seek revenge on Muzan Kibutsuji. The hatred seemed like an inescapable curse, but at the same time, she found herself struggling with it, allowing herself to acknowledge the glimpses of tenderness she had witnessed from him.

Despite these emotions, she decided to venture outside the protective barrier. The cold wind brushed against her flawless porcelain skin, and for a moment, it felt like all imperfections had vanished.

She shut her eyes, savoring the refreshing air that filled her lungs, and proceeded towards the dense part of the forest.

There, he awaited her presence. Hime spotted the distinct pattern of his mismatched haori from afar. As she approached, she met Giyuu's deep blue gaze, and she noticed a newfound sense of contentment on his countenance.

"Hime," he whispered with a voice that carried purity. Giyuu appeared strong, his determination unwavering. His hair was neatly tied back, and his smile illuminated his radiant face.

"Can I take you somewhere?" she asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement. Hime longed to share the enchanting beauty of the glowing lights she had experienced tonight with Giyuu.

"Yes" Giyuu whispered.

"Trust me," Hime whispered, reaching out her hand toward him. Giyuu responded with a warm smile, extending his own palm to meet hers, their soft skin touching.

"I trust you more than anything," he replied.

In the blink of an eye, they found themselves standing in a breezy, secluded area of the beach. The moonlight cast a magical glow on the surroundings, making the night even more enchanting.

"Look," Hime exclaimed, her laughter carrying through the air as Giyuu followed her gaze. The sight before him left him in awe, and his lips slightly parted in wonder.

Excitedly, she ran towards the shore, pulling him along. "See, this reminded me of your eyes," she said, raising a handful of glowing objects in a sapphire hue.

Giyuu's smile deepened, and his gratefulness was evident in the way his eyebrows softened.

"I'm glad you think of me," Giyuu replied, gazing into her intense red eyes.

"I-I mean, of course, you're my friend," Hime stammered, her cheeks flushing with warmth as she felt a tangible connection forming between them amidst the coolness of the beach.

Giyuu chuckled affectionately, finding her flustered expression endearing. Over the time they had spent together, he had noticed that Hime tended to get flustered easily, even over the smallest things. It warmed his heart to see that side of her still unchanged.