The wind

Reader pov:

The little droplets of water kissed my cheeks as I raced through the dense forest, my body moving in perfect harmony with the wind. I felt a surge of exhilaration, a sense of freedom and familiarity in this swift movement, as if I had done it countless times before.

As I drew nearer to my destination, I caught a faint sound of something loosening and a scent that was unmistakably that of a unique being. My senses were heightened, and I remained alert as I continued forward.

To my surprise, I noticed a figure with platinum white hair at my side, attempting to keep up with me but falling short of my speed. Despite this, I sensed no hostility or threat from this person. There was something about him that felt familiar, and yet I couldn't quite place it.

The moment I noticed the trap that had been loosened on his path, my senses kicked into overdrive. I acted instinctively, quickly reaching out to touch him and redirecting his path away from the danger.

With my intervention, he was spared from serious harm, but my heart pounded in my chest as I realized that this man was the same one I had encountered during the night out with Akaza. The familiarity of his scent, the connection we shared, was unmistakable.

As he stood there, leaning against the tree with wide eyes, he uttered my name in disbelief - "H-hime." My cold hands rested on his chest, feeling the rhythm of his heartbeat beneath my palms.

"Shinazugawa-san," my tongue rolled the name off my lips instinctively, as if my body remembered him even if my mind struggled to comprehend the significance of our connection.

"Yes, you-you remember," he replied, a frantic smile spreading across his face, giving off a maniacal aura. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to process everything happening around me.

"No," I whispered, feeling a mix of confusion and denial. My mind remained clouded with uncertainties, but the pull of familiarity between us was undeniable.

The man firmly held both of my arms, urging me to follow him. Something deep inside me told me to trust him, and without a second thought, I dashed alongside him toward our destination.

We arrived at an estate, far away from my usual surroundings, the sun on the horizon signaling the approaching dawn. Time was of the essence, and I knew I had to return home before the sun fully rose.

Then, my keen senses detected familiar scents nearby, one of them being Giyuu's. Urgency filled me as I called out his name and ran towards him.

"I-I need to talk to you," I said, locking eyes with his deep blue gaze. However, it became apparent that we were not alone. Others were present, their presence making the situation tense.

"Hime Tsugikuni, we have been waiting for you," a voice resonated from the distance, emanating from near the estate.

"If it isn't the fallen Hashira," the voice sneered, revealing a menacing figure with formidable muscles and an imposing demeanor, illuminated by the dim light.

This encounter was turning out to be more significant and complex than I could have anticipated. The mention of the "fallen Hashira" sparked a whirlwind of emotions and questions, but I knew that facing this individual and confronting my past would be the only way to find the answers I sought.
Hashira? Was he talking about me? I thought to myself as I dangerously stared at him, tilting my head.

As I stood surrounded by these mysterious beings, a woman with captivating purple eyes and a matching yukata emerged. There was an otherworldly aura about her, and my instincts alerted me that she was not human. Nervousness gripped me, but I mustered the courage to ask, "Who are you?"