So we meet again

It had been more than two days since she had left her room. Nobody showed up to check on her. Nakime hasn't even summoned her per his command. It caused her to feel something. Loneliness.

The feeling drew her in. For a demon, this is a profoundly human sensation. Muzan had expressly prohibited her from communicating with any demons without his explicit permission. It made her feel like she was imprisoned.

It made her sense she'd never considered fleeing from the infinity castle. Would she be able to do so if she wanted to?

Hime had never used her powers, yet she believed she did naturally at times.

Her hands were encased in the infinite castle's solid barrier, experimenting with the invisible friction. If only she could relive what she did the other night.

Who were those two humans? And why did she feel so at ease with them. They appeared overwhelmed when they saw her.

She tightened her teeth, her eyes widening as she managed to rip the barrier within the fortress. Is she really doing that? She thought.

A portal of light appeared through the barrier she ripped with her own hands. Was this something normal for demons to do? If so, why hadn't she done it before? She strolled effortlessly through the light-like vortex. The wind howled around her, her hair softly dancing.

Her eyes immediately closed as she felt the liberty.

The thought occurred to her at that time. She was yearning to feel what she sought.

Her legs began to move, her ruby eyes illuminated by the full moon.

She proceeded in the opposite direction of where Akaza had taken her, fearful that Muzan would discover her whereabouts sooner than she preferred.

She had no idea the east side of the dense woodland was so near to the Ubuyashiki estate. Her legs were stronger as a demon, her stamina was boundless, and she was faster. She swayed with the breeze, quietly giggling as she felt released for the first time. Her gaze was drawn to the magnificent sky, its pitch-blackness lighting a deep blue as birds flew with the gusts.

They were so free. She smiled.

Giyuu was sitting up on a branch of a tree on the east side of the forest, thinking about what had been bothering him for the past several days.

A gust of wind blew across his face, and the aroma of familiar flowers filled the air.

"Hime," he whispered quietly, his gaze darting across the area.

She was almost there. So near. He was well aware of it.

Not long after, he noticed her as she strolled leisurely, exploring and examining the forest, trees, and sky.

Giyuu jumped to her level and heard Hime part her lips with a gasp.

"Y-you," she faltered, looking at him confusingly.

"Hime," he spoke softly, smiling at the fact that he had located her when his heart longed to see her one more time.

"How do you know my name?" She asked, startled.

"I know you better than anything else," he continued, taking a few steps closer to her. She took an unintentional step back, her cells inadvertently yielding to Muzan.

"My master says I can't interact with humans," she grumbled.

Giyuu realized right away that she was under Muzan Kibutsuji's control. Taking her away would be a difficult effort. He'd have to lure her gradually. But first he had to gain her trust.

"I can be your friend," he continued, his blue dark eyes shining brightly.

"Friend?" She asked, her head tilted to the side. It wasn't necessary for Giyuu to display his customary emotionless and austere manner. He could finally open up to her. His heart has been longing for this moment.

"Yes, friends are when you get to know each other and share things," he muttered, pausing in his movements.

"Okay. "I suppose we could do that." She accepted, pausing for a few moments to consider what he offered. He didn't appear to be someone who was dangerous. Hime, on the other hand, felt a certain sense of consolation and comfort with him. She felt.. less lonely.

She headed along with him on the side. Giyuu's perceptive gazes stole brief glances from her face.

"Why are you out at this time?" Giyuu asked, his cheeks flushed. He felt incredible on the inside. A sensation of comfort gripped his heart.

"I-I just wanted to see the trees," she grumbled as she looked up at the tall trees.

"And why is that?" As she made eye contact with him, his dark blue stare bore into her. A surge of heat ran up her cheeks. She wasn't used to someone focusing so intently on her.

"Trees remind me of happiness," she said quietly, fiddling with her long, pointed nails.

Giyuu's heart broke. He knew she couldn't recall anything, but her heart found peace solely in the time they spent together. His lips trembled.

"I spend most of my time here, around the west and that area," he said, pointing to the far edge of the woodland.

Hime gave a nod. "If you want to see me, you can always come here," he mumbled as he looked at her.

"I'll keep that in mind-" Hime came to a standstill since she was unable to recall his name.

"Oh-ah Tomioka Giyuu," he muttered, sheepishly patting his head.

"Tomioka San, I like your Haori," she reddened as she tucked her fingers into his Haori.

Giyuu remembered the time she asked about his Haori.

"Perhaps-maybe we can play something," he replied, looking her in the eyes. They couldn't maintain eye contact for more than a few minutes at a time.

"What sort of?" Hime asked as she gazed ahead of her while they went through the deep jungle.

"We ask three questions and respond," Giyuu said, smiling as he remembered what she'd recommended.

"That sounds- good" Her face furrowed, confusingly sensing a familiarity at his suggestion. Giyuu observed.

"The moon looks lovely tonight doesn't it?" Giyuu asked, as he comfortably walked next to her.

"I agree, it does look beautiful. I don't really get many chances to look at this beautiful things" She muttered, her eyes lit up as she looked up at the moon, fully formed in it's glory.

"I'll go first," he cleared his voice. Hime smiled warmly at him and nodded her head.

"Are you okay where you live?" he asked, his first concern.

"Oh. Yes. I'm perfectly fine. My lord has a lot of restrictions, but if I keep listening to him, he'll be kind to me," she muttered, happily.

Giyuu gave a melancholy smile.

"Why do I feel like I know you?" She asked and his head snapped back at her words, immediately halting their steps.

"You'll get to know me once again, Hime," he whispered as his palm reached out to gently pat her delicate cheek. As she peered into his eyes, she blushed and parted her lips. His eyes were warm and familiar.

"T-tomioka san" "They're looking for me," she eventually murmured, her gaze fixed on his. He was stunning, and up close, he appeared to look like an angel sent directly from heaven.

She spun around. Giyuu grabbed her arm for the first time in a long time.

"I'll be waiting to see you again," Giyuu said affectionately as he let go of her hand.

A hue of pink covered her cheeks as she nodded, her loosened hair dancing with the wind while she ran to the darkness.

"Hold on Hime" Giyuu whispered to the thin cold air.

________________________________________
My babies 🥺

Team Giyuu or Team Muzan 😩