Kagaya sama

*SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD*

__________________________________________
It was a calm evening amid the chaos of our daily lives. The Hashiras had gathered to watch Giyuu and Sanemi spar for their training.

Sanemi was an absolute powerhouse, displaying his full strength during the fight. Giyuu, on the other hand, remained composed, but he found it challenging to defend against Sanemi's relentless attacks, combining water and wind techniques.

"Hey, take this seriously, you worthless idiot!" Sanemi shouted at Giyuu, frustrated that his opponent seemed to be holding back.

"Maybe someone else should give it a shot," Mitsuri Kanroji suggested, and Obanai, the Serpent Hashira, nodded in agreement.

Sanemi pointed an accusing finger at Giyuu and exclaimed, "You're making everyone bored!"

Their banter was so amusing that I couldn't help but burst into laughter. I walked over to them, playfully stroking both of their faces with my palms.

Giyuu's deep blue eyes and Sanemi's pale purple eyes gazed at me, their lips parting in unison.

"Ney, Tomioka and Shinazugawa-san, how about giving others a chance?" I asked with a smile, my cheeks slightly blushing.

They looked at her in awe, finding her beauty immeasurable and otherworldly, even with so many people around. She seemed to have a captivating presence that put people in a trance, making everything else fade away.

"Ah, yes, if you say so," Sanemi grumbled, shooting Giyuu a frustrated look. Tengen Uzui's hearty laughter echoed through the surroundings.

"Sanemi only listens to Hime-chan, no wonder he's such a wreck," the others chimed in, teasingly jesting and laughing together.

Seeing everyone so joyous warmed my heart. This was how it was meant to be – happiness all around.

"Hey, cut it out," Sanemi protested.

"Now, now, Sanemi-san, you know you're my best friend," I said, closing my eyes and chuckling at him as I embraced him.

Suddenly, a loud noise shook the area, and we all widened our eyes, gasping in shock as the Ubuyashiki estate exploded right before us.

The crows lined up in the sky, cawing in unison.

"Oyakata-sama!" I gasped.

"He's here" I muttered, and everyone altogether dashed to the estate.
-

The silence stretched on, the longest and most overwhelming silence I had ever experienced. Static buzzed in our ears as we tried to comprehend what had just happened. My mind was in shock, struggling to believe what my eyes had witnessed.

The other Hashiras had varying reactions – some looked shocked, beads of sweat forming on their foreheads, while others had wide-eyed disbelief.

And then, the monster appeared.

"Why? Why did you do that?" I whispered, my jaw clenching with anger and sorrow at the devastating sight. My emotions welled up inside me, and I could feel my power surging within.

Giyuu rushed to my side, sensing that something was about to happen.

"Giyuu, let go of me!" I cried, my emotions turning into a tantrum. But Giyuu refused to release his grip on me.

"I said let go of me! Let me go!" I yelled, my fists hitting his chest as I struggled in his embrace. Despite everyone in our corps knowing that rash actions without a plan were unnecessary, the death of Kagaya Ubuyashiki had pushed me to my limits.