Vengeance

I laid on the comfortable mattress with Giyuu right beside me, feeling a rush of nervousness wash over me as thoughts of confronting Muzan filled my mind.

"When all of this is over," Giyuu broke the silence, fiddling with my fingers, "marry me."

My eyes widened, and a blush crept up on my face.

"Giyuu," I murmured, not sure how to respond.

"You don't have to answer now," Giyuu reassured me, a familiar smile gracing his lips.

I turned around, pressing my lips gently into his, inhaling his scent.
-

As we approached the invisible barrier of the infinity castle, our heartbeats pounded wildly in our chests. I couldn't tell if they had discovered my absence from the castle yet.

If they had, I knew Muzan would be on the hunt for me. Despite the scorching heat of the sun on my skin, I felt an unusual calmness envelop me.

"Wait here," I instructed Giyuu, trying to steady myself as I entered. My legs felt heavy, and a slight tremor ran through my skin, the anticipation of the impending confrontation weighing on me.

Within me, a surge of both known and unknown powers coursed, a reminder that I was never entirely human, but the fusion of his cells with mine made me feel almost invincible.

Muzan often summoned me in the evenings, but I remained clueless about what he did during the rest of his time. He was an enigma to me, shrouded in mystery.

Stepping into the room assigned to me, I felt a strange mix of familiarity and unfamiliarity. This place was not my home; instead, it was something forced upon me, like a bitter pill I had to swallow.

Anger churned inside me as I opened the door to my room, only to find him already standing there amidst the chaos.

"Where were you?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he scrutinized my Yukata.

I never wore Yukatas, especially not the one I had been wearing upon my arrival.

"Just roaming around, trying to gather some information," I replied casually, feigning nonchalance as I stretched my arms.

"Come here," he commanded. Muzan was no fool. He sensed that something was different about me. Despite the anger simmering inside me, I walked towards him, my eyes meeting his with an air of indifference.

Muzan pulled me into a seemingly warm embrace, but to me, it felt as cold as ice, a chilling reminder of my true purpose. It was a moment that fueled my thirst for vengeance, and I could almost taste the satisfaction that awaited me.

"Promise me you'll be here next time I come to you. Your absence makes me anxious," he whispered into my hair as he embraced me.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I couldn't help but ask, "Why do you get anxious?"

His reply sent a chill down my spine, "Because I'm obsessed with you, my flower. Addicted to you. You're everything I've ever wanted or needed." His words were unsettling, yet a strange comfort seemed to emanate from his heart.

Raising my head to meet his gaze, my red eyes locked onto his. The sudden curiosity within me couldn't be suppressed, and I inquired, "Why are you only kind to me?"

Without a moment's hesitation, he responded, "Because I love you, Hime." My lips parted in astonishment. Muzan, capable of love? It seemed inconceivable, as his nature was one of destruction and ruin, and he was hell-bent on unleashing it.

"Show me then. Show me how much you love me," I blurted out instinctively.

Muzan furrowed his brows, clearly taken aback by my request. "Name it, anything you want will be yours," he offered, taking a step closer to me.