pantalone's obsessions

gn reader, reader is implied to be the owner of a legal brothel, they're referred to as madam in that context because it sounds classier than pimp 💀, pantalone is a simp, like really a simp to the point of being a bit obsessive

so long story I was gonna post days ago some Scaramouche fluff in honour of getting him just before his banner ended but then stuff happened and I end up here. I burnt myself again 😭

~~~~~

The way Pantalone loves is...possessive, jealous, and if money can buy it, he'll have it, a true face of greed. He wants most what money cannot buy. The affections of the madam of a brothel he is loyal to only for its owner. He can buy any of the people there he wants and rent them out for a night, and of course, the one he wants most is only the manager of this establishment.

He tries his hand at gifts, all of which you have little desire and much less a need for. A banker speaks in money, but how is he to bargain with someone who doesn't benefit from his full pockets in the way a common citizen would? Dabbling in the unmentionable does have its own luxuries. What do you want– no, need from him? What can he walk to the ends of the world to get for you that will make you turn around and fall in love with him like he knows he can make you?

You are a greedy little thing just like he is. Materialism is like breathing to you. Something in your eyes tells him you like watching him chase, letting Pantalone run about trying to appease you, to scrounge and beg for your permission to worship you. He has never been presented with something he cannot buy as even life itself has a price, and if it doesn't seem to, he can give it one. You seem to enjoy resisting that philosophy, stubborn thing you are.

He wants you, but does he want you because he sees something in you that he believes you let only him see or simply because he cannot have you? How far would he go to have you? In his mind, he wouldn't do anything to jeopardise his own pride, but he knows that he can become weak when you want something. How much can you want out of him? He wonders if you'd be able to make him lick your boots and swear his loyalties to you above even the Tsaritsa herself. Maybe.

He likes it when you act that way to him, click your tongue and spoil him in your own little way. Sometimes you bruise him well. Madam, he calls you, like the title attached to your role. It cheapens him in a way he didn't expect to enjoy, but for you, who he grovels for, he'll allow it.

He revels in you finally beginning to play along with him, acting cordially and tolerating him like a common pest which has invaded your life and latched onto you. That or...maybe a little more like a house cat who comes and goes, at least with time. His impression of you changes, and your tolerance turns to more spoiling, more rewards. You reward him so well for his efforts in chasing. Equally so, you punish him for getting in the way of business or just annoying you.

Your rewards always vary, but your punishments are always painful. He drinks every kind you give him in, burning, tingling, throbbing that are always swirling together with an electricity that settles in his body with the help of the vision attached to your hip. Normally he would never allow such a thing, but for you, he would give anything as he finds you to be something he believes only he should be able to treasure, stringing him along in this little game you made just for him.

He was right to think that materialism was like breathing to you. He just so happens to be your highest bidder.