capitano with a short s/o

gn reader, angry gremlins /j

as the 6'0 half of this arrangement yes also this is tagged gn reader despite the she/her pronounce in the request because I never had to mention gendered anything 👍 just some word vomit to feed the Capitano likers

~~~~~

Unfortunately, the two of you seem to have opposite problems. While you can't reach the high shelves, Capitano will store the strangest things on them, all of which you seem to coincidentally need at random points in the day. It's always awkward to ask, even knowing that he knows there's no way you can get to it (_ _;)

It barely lessens your embarrassment when he asks you to get things from the lower shelves and cabinets in the kitchen, finding it hard to get down on the floor all the time. You understand it's also awkward for him, but at least he could feasibly crouch down. You don't even have that kind of wonderful excuse. He rarely even asks anyway, only after a day of strenuous training and exercise when his muscles are somehow sore despite him doing that every other day. You don't doubt him, but you do wonder what determines his limit.

Again in the kitchen, needing a glass from the high cupboard, you try your best to stretch on your toes, fingers barely grazing that stubborn glass you want. Whose idea was it to put those up there?

Before you even get a chance to turn and quietly get a chair to avoid the humiliation of simply asking for help (god forbid) you're faced with Capitano watching you from a few feet away and almost jump out of your skin at how startled you were. You always hear him come in, but just that one time, he'd snuck up on you. What do you say now? 'oh hi honey move now so I can tell you silently that I can't reach instead of verbally'. That's a bad way to phrase that.

"Do you need me to get that?" he asks, and you try your best not to look at him to avoid seeing the face he's making. You know, in the rational part of your mind, he isn't bothered, and you're the only one overthinking this. He doesn't care, it's as simple as raising his arm barely above his head and lowering it back down.

Unfortunately, the rational part of your mind is rather quiet and pales in comparison to the one telling you to say no (-.-)

"I can get it myself." you tell him without even thinking. No, you can't. You're still avoiding looking at him, just this time, it's so he doesn't see the face you're making. "...but since you're offering anyway."

Before you can even explain what you want, the glass is on the counter by your side, and he's placing a kiss on your temple as he passes you to grab something behind you.

Damn him for always getting away with this (╥╯^╰╥) you could just chop his ankles off and steal them.

You would, however, much rather steal his ankles whenever you try to kiss him in public. Not exactly the most romantic experience when you probably need a chair for that too. You seldom kiss him at work when he's not sitting down just so that his coworkers won't witness you trying to get up on your toes just to kiss some helmet metal. Even though he's irritatingly tall, you wait until you go home to take it off, never at work out of respect; however, it does mean that kissing him won't receive a kiss back.

Does he ever think of how strange it is to have to manhandle him down to your height just to avoid asking him to bend over for you? Probably not when he can just lean down and carry on his day afterwards. You won't stand such embarrassment in front of his colleagues. You'd rather almost whack your head into said helmet metal

You do get back at him, though, like using him as a pillow, and he always has to be the big spoon because there's no point in you ever trying (︶^︶) he'll just have to cuddle you.