Chapter 29

Szymon's

"We were once a happy family. Me and your mom got married, and after a year of marriage we decided to do an IVF, after a year of trying, finally we got you." napatingin ako kay Mommy.

"But worst things came, we have face a lot of problems back then but we manage to solved those. But..." I saw mommy looked at my mama again. It looks like she's asking her permission to continue talking and mama nodded her head.

"My father didn't know about us, and the moment he knew, he made our life miserable back then. I want him to stop but he wants me to choose..." She paused.

"Between him and the both of you, I wanted to choose the both of you but the moment I will choose you both, he will do everything to make our life miserable and I don't want that to happen..." I can heard the crack on her voice.

"I don't want you to suffer, I know my father very well, I know what he can do. So I chose to stay with my father. Your mother hated me so much for being a coward, she left with you and ran away." She paused as she heard mama crying.

"Continue." sabi ni mama.

"I tried to find you both without the knowledge of my father but I failed. But just this year, I found out that my father knows where you are. I didn't know that he threatened all the people here just to stay away from you." tumigil siya at huminga ng malalim.

"He did tell me all those information about you before he died, but I can't help myself from getting angry with him because he did those things just for the sake of his selfishness." Hinawakan ko naman ang kamay nilang dalawa.

"And I'm sorry, I showed up too late. I didn't get a chance to see you growing. I didn't get a chance to sing you a lullaby when you can't sleep. I didn't get a chance to teach you to read and write. I didn't get a chance to pick you up in your school. I didn't get a chance to wipe your tears everytime you get bruises. I'm sorry for being late, sweetheart. I'm sorry." hindi ko naman napigilan ang sarili kong umiyak ng magsimulang umiyak si mommy.

Now, I understand why it all happened. They didn't want this, pinagkaitan silang dalawa na magsama. They want to be happy but the hindrance was everywhere.

"That's the only thing I want to know. Yun lang po." sabi ko.

"I promise to fulfill everything." she said and wipe my tears.

"Parehas talaga kayong iyakin." parehas naman kaming natawa ni mommy sa sinabi ni mama.

"Ikaw din naman mama." sabi ko at natawa.

Parehas naman nila akong niyakap na dalawa.

"Btw that Sam, are you really sure about her?" nangunot naman ang noo ko sa tanong ni mommy.

"Oo naman po, mabait yun. Magkakasundo kayo." sabi ko.

"I want to know if she's loyal and if we really can trust her." sabi ni mommy.

"Mom, baka anong gawin niyo dun ha." sabi ko.

"No, I will just test her sweetheart." sabi ni mommy at hinalikan ako sa ulo.

"Oh siya matulog na tayo." sabi ni mama.

Kaya tumayo na kami at pumasok sa loob.

"Have a good night, sweetheart." sabi ni mommy kaya nginitian ko ito bago ako pumasok sa kwarto ko.

Pagkapasok ko ay bumungad agad sa'kin ang girlfriend kong sobrang himbing ng tulog.

Napangiti ako at nilapitan siya.

"I love you, Sam." bulong ko sa kaniya bago mahiga sa tabi niya. Inaantok na din ako.

-----

Nangunot ang noo ko ng maramdamang may humahalik sa labi ko.