~ 𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐞! ~

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Recap! Kocho Kanae, our lovely heroine, has managed to deal with the shame from the text and decided to face him. Only to find out he decided to take a break from work! And, worse enough, the break is at the same park Sumire and Shinobu are!

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Kanae runs in, hoping to catch him in the process of leaving, but the receptionist states he is no longer in the building. She smiles, trying to hide her disappointment. "Thank you so much!" Kanae says, bowing politely. 

The receptionist flashes a half smile, but goes back to her computer. Kanae stands there awkwardly for a second, but flinches and turns. As she gets about five feet away, the woman looks up from her desk, and calls out.

"Kocho-san! I nearly forgot!" she says, standing and gesturing with her hand to come closer. Kanae turns, and snaps to attention. She takes a few cautious steps towards the woman, and finally, she is at her desk. 

The woman, with bright blue eyes and reddish hair, was quite the beauty. She pulled her glasses low, revealing the baby blue eyes that cut into Kanae's. "I hear that you are a medical student, who uses this trainee service as a way to get experience to apply once you've finished your studies."

Kanae nods, feeling a little more upbeat, thinking something good was coming. She watches the woman turn to her computer, and the familiar clack of keys start. Kanae waits patiently, readjusting her smile and standing taller. 

The woman turns, her chair rolling against the smooth floor with her. "Well," she starts, keeping her ocean-eyed glance on Kanae, "We have something called a buddy system." 

"Which is?" Kanae asks breathlessly, hoping to know more.

The woman smiles, continuing. "The buddy system is a nickname for an program we have. The goal of this little program is to give our medical trainees a bit more experience with the doctors. In this system, we get an actual doctor and a trainee paired. Usually, trainees are allowed to do there job alone, and occasionally follow along with a doctor." She says, pausing to catch her breath.

Kanae couldn't believe it. This seemed to good to be true, considering her ill-arranged timing in seemingly every aspect of her life. Whether it was school, close friends, or Sumire, everything seemed off timing. But, just maybe, life would look up, and give her the 25 years of happiness it still owed her.

But, there must be a bad side to this, obviously. There was no way that all she had to do was join some program, and poof! she became a doctor the instant she stepped from school. Suddenly, she sees the woman look up, and Kanae quickly faces her, ready to listen.

"But, trainees here are bound to their doctor, who will do everything to teach as they go. You can learn how to talk to adults or children about medical problems, learn easy shortcuts to diagnosing with accuracy, and even preform surgery without a license. A doctor will be there next to you, of course. The benefits of this often lead the 90% of medical trainees who use this program becoming doctors twice as fast as other trainees out of this program."

Kanae smiles, feeling like she was about to lose herself and jump with happiness. She nods, clasping her hands together to the point of pain, so she wouldn't squirm. "I- is it possible I could join, and be apart of this program?" she asks shakily.