~ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐞𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 ~

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Recap! Our lovely heroine, Kanae Kocho has found something shocking: Douma's real name! The real bad part? It's the same surname as her one true love. Meanwhile, Sumire has her own plans on how to hide from monsters

(TW: mentions of rape) 

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

"Sanemi? Wait, It's about-" Kanae called into the hallway, peeking her head out from the office after a few seconds of brainstorming. She felt bad about this, but confronting him was her only option. It was Sanemi after all.

He was hers.
She might be able to catch the lie in his eyes, the guilty spark that set the honest and the lying apart.

"Sanem-" she cut herself off, feeling a presence behind her.

She turned to find the red-headed assistant, mouth twisted with rage and blue eyes glinting with hate. Kanae's smile faded into a forced, friendly smirk, as if she could actually stand her.

"You!" she spat, and Kanae clicked her tongue against her teeth, not daring to respond, "You ruined everything!" she snapped, angry at the lilac-eyed woman's lack of response.

Kanae rolled her eyes, not daring to move away from her jabbed-out hand, "And I think you're a deluded piece of shit," Kanae replied sweetly, unable to handle the stress of rude people the way she could when she was 17.

Suzuki grabbed her collar, pulling her lower torso past the doorway, and slammed her onto the wall beside it. Kanae pushed her back, but she kept pushing back as well. "If you hadn't come, I would have him!" Suzuki seethed, Kanae stood against the wall, shocked and confused by her words.

"Who?"
"'Who?'"she mimicked, harshly throwing her hand against he shoulder and putting her face close to hers. "That blond freak, who else?!" she thrashed, "The one who you were about to expose!"

Kanae blinked, now completely confused, "Douma? What's he got to do with any of this?" Kanae questioned, ignoring the you're-an-idiot glare from the deep ocean eyes.

"That fucker promised to make me his girlfriend! I was so close! I loved him, I kissed him — I even fucked him, for crying out loud—And now here you are, trampling over my work!" she screamed, gripping her knuckles white on Kanae's collar.

Kanae stood there, emotion seeping from her face until nothing remained but a pretty shell, any sign of soul gone. She looked up at Suzuki, empty eyes no longer flecking the room with radiance,

"I was so close!"

"I loved him,
I kissed him
— I even fucked him, for crying out loud—
And now here you are, trampling over my work!"

Kanae felt that heartbreaking sentence cut her heartstrings, until her deadbeat heart and pained mind felt numb.

I even fucked him, for crying out loud?
She even fucked him, for crying out loud?

Kanae gritted her teeth, trying to ignore the sinking feeling and maintain her composure so she wouldn't add fuel to the fire of Suzuki's taunting.

"Why would I believe you?" she asked quietly, "How did you 'get' Sanemi, exactly?"