~ 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐚𝐫 ~

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Recap! Our lovely heroine, Kanae Kocho, is in another problem. Kitsune and Douma make her stress, and Sumire does too. Her former-darling is always there for her, though. In fact, they shared a kiss. Which was quite lovely until the secretary appeared. 

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Kanae's heart beat quickened with fright as she turned to the door, watching the blue-eyed assistant stare at them, as if walking in on something she wasn't supposed to. She wasn't supposed to, if she couldn't tell by the redness in Kanae. 

But Sanemi played it cool, putting distance between himself and her as if nothing had happened. 

He pointed to a few papers lying near his desk, "Ah, There you are! I was going to call you to take some papers down for me— apparently a certain blond, crazy-doctor doesn't want me lurking around "his" part of the office— but here you are! " He said, a laugh flanking his words.

The receptionist glanced at them once more, unwavering suspicion clouding her stormy eyes. 

"Yes, sir."
"I can always count on you, Suzuki."

A blush infected her skin, and she mumbled thanks as she walked out the door. Kanae watched her step away, their paths intersecting. She could've sworn that the woman gave her a venom-tipped glare, but if she did, it was for a second.

She past her, sliding the door backwards, but leaving it open by a crack. Kanae sighed, sliding down into her chair. 

Nothing in the world could make her life any more hectic, except if Kitsune and Douma decided to tag-team. God forbid , she could only think, opening her eyes to find her gorgeous boy staring at her kindly.

"Who said I was done with you?"
Kanae audibly gasped, her stomach clenching hard
"Kidding, doll face." he sighed, pulling his pen into his hand.

"Back to what I was saying, I called you in here to check on everything. You seem sad, I mean, sadder than usual, more closed off. I know you'll never tell 100% of what's going on, but at least answer me that," he said, softly biting the inside of his lip.

Kanae wanted to tell him. More than anything. To sob onto his shoulder, passing the weight of her world to someone else for a change, but it seemed brash. She softly shook her head, her bangs swiping across her face.

"Never better, honestly. I've just been having a bit of a tough time adjusting, but I've adapted, and I believe I'm thriving in this profession." Kanae lied, feeling her chest go hollow like it usually did. Sanemi peaked at her curiously, but he smiled soon after.

"You're lying, aren't you?"

Kanae's face didn't falter, but her soul cracked like glass. 

"No, really, I'm telling the truth."
"You sure,"
"Never more sure," she said, turning to the door. Sanemi sat back in his chair with a groan. 

"If you insist."

Kanae nodded, but she was turned away, so it must've looked like a dismissive head-wave. She pushed the door open and stepped out, finding herself near the elevator after a few defeated steps.

She stepped into the elevator after hearing the mechanical cling of the bell and the orange light pulsing from the button. The elevator was pristine, shiny metal plastered onto the walls and a floor scrubbed so violently it looked like a foggy mirror.