~ 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝟑'𝐬 ~

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Recap! Our lovely heroine, Kanae Kocho, has been through a rough night. A small fallout with Sumire and a talk with Sanemi changed the course of everything she's stood for. Doma is starting to get on her deepest nerves, but she'll always remember: revenge is a dish best served cold. And as a former waiter, why not bring it straight to him?

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

The gleam of the sunlight in the curtains woke Sumire first. Softly cuddling next to her mother, her soft white hair wrapped around her neck and face, she smiled. She brought her tiny arms against her mother's back, slightly pushing her forward as she barely stirred from her sleep.

"Mama!" Sumire whispered, slightly patting her shoulder.

A silence softened by breathing greeted her back.

"Mama!" She said more forcefully, shaking her.

Still no response.

"Mama!" she said louder, practically yelling.

This time, a small twitch comes from Kanae, and she turns to her side, facing Sumire with her sleepy purple eyes.

"Yay! Mama, let's go play!"

"Wha-? Not right now Sumire!" She says groggily, softly closing her eyes again.

"I wanna see Shina again! And You have a job to do!" she yells, cheeks puffy as she starts to hit the comforter in an anger.

Kanae opens her eyes again, the shine of the morning glimmering in them. As reality kicks in, she shoots up, her hair twisted and wild as she sits up.

"Crap!" she cries, slumber vanishing into the warm air of the apartment. Sumire smiles, tugging on the comforter as her eyes glimmer in a synchronized heaven with her mother's. Her eyes were always in touch with hers. Shimmering, dull, tearful, and closed, they shared this, the trait everyone could use to  tell they were related.

"Thanks!" Kanae half-heartedly calls back, bolting out of the bed, but knocking Sumire off balance, causing her to land face-first into the sun-warmed sheets.

"Your welcome,"

.

She lightly grabs her coat from the metal table shining at the exit, her lips sealed and quivering as she turns away from him. She slides her right hand into the sleeve, fitting perfectly. She repeats with the left hand, until her doctors coat drapes over he body, the ID card hanging from her chest pocket shining from the frosted window's passing light.

"Goodbye!" Douma calls out as she grips the handle. She can't see him. She's turned away from him. She doesn't have eyes on the back of her head. But she knows, no need to see it to confirm it.

He's smiling. The sinister, evil one he kept on in secret with her, not the one he displayed for little kids, the same kids who thought of her as 'weird' or 'strange' because she didn't bother to look up at any of them while he treated them.

It was strange. She knows, she shouldn't have expected the world to be rainbows and sunshine, but still. It's weird. The way he treats EVERYONE but her the same. The way he glares at her when he thinks she can't see him.