Friendship

She sat on her knees in the lounge, grabbing her books. She eventually looked up at me, tilting her head, signalling for me to sit down. I walked over, sitting down on my backside with my legs crossed. "What where we meant to be studying again...?" She placed her hand on her head, trying to remember. "The math project." I replied reassuringly. I looked at her, noticing she was clearly nervous and stressed out. I sighed. "How about you let me handle it?" I insisted. She shook her head, "No, it's really fine. We can do this, together." She smiled, her smile somehow melancholy. I nodded, "Okay. We can do this." I smiled back. After a few hours of talking and studying, she started looking petrified. "What's wrong?" I asked, taking note of her emotions. "I..." she stood up, her eyes looking dull and empty. I checked my watch. 8:37. As I looked up, I flinched in fright to see her holding something, but it was so dark I couldn't see what it was. "U..um..what are you holding?" I stuttered, my breathing getting heavy. As I slowly gained control of myself I looked back down at what she was holding. A knife. She suddenly clicked back to her normal self. "Ah! Sorry about that. I was just going to cook some food.." she smiled eerily, sending a shiver down my spine. She walked into the kitchen, leaving me in the lounge shaken up. After a few minutes, the smell of food filled my nose. She walked in with a bowl of rice and chicken. She placed it into my hands carefully. "I figured you were hungry. I hope this makes up for giving you such a fright." She giggled softly. I ate slowly, looking at her the whole time. The food was delicious, causing my eyes to light up. "This is really good..!" I commented. My friend suddenly bursts into the room, sneering. "Why are you with this freak, Kenji?" He laughed. She stood up, turning to face him. "I'm not a freak." She clenched her fist. He sneered. "Yeah, sure." He walked up to her, flicking her on the nose. She winced, covering her nose with her hands. I stood up quickly, standing infront of her, placing her behind me. "Why would you do that?" I snapped. He stopped laughing. "What? She's a freak. Haven't you heard the rumours." He asked. "Haru.. what rumours?" I replied quietly. She suddenly bursts out the room sobbing, exiting the house and slamming the door behind her. I sighed. "Sit down, Haru." We both sit down. "Kenji, Akira isn't somebody you should be friends with." He explained. "Rumours say she kills people." The word 'kill' echoed in my head, but I shook it off quickly. "That's not true. She would never." I scoffed. "Whatever. Just watch your back. And also your reputation." He stood up and left quickly.