Bonding

We finally arrived at the metal building. As we headed to the room I was kept in, Yuki stopped Akira in her tracks. "Akira." "Yes, Miss. Yuki?" "What do you think of me?" She kept her hand on Akira's shoulder. "I..." Akira turned around, smiling. "I think of you as a mother." She replied. Yuki hugged her tightly. "I've always thought of you as my daughter." "You have raised me after all, mother." Yuki squeezed her tightly, tears of joy running down her cheeks. "I have a gift for you." Yuki pulled out a beautiful necklace, placing it around Akira's neck. "Do you like it, Akira?" "Yes, it's beautiful. Thank you." She bowed slightly. Yuki fixed her posture. "Oh, and Kenji, we also have a gift for you, as well. Follow us." They led me to a beautiful bedroom, with a huge bed with curtains surrounding it. "This is beautiful. Thank you both." "Oh, you should thank Akira. She decorated the entire room, after all." Yuki placed an arm over Akira's shoulder. I bowed slightly, Akira bowing back. "It's getting late. Kenji, you should head to bed. Akira, come now." They both left the bedroom, leaving me inside it. I eventually got out of the bed, heading to the bathroom, I opened the door slightly to see Akira and Yuki laughing and brushing their teeth together. I headed back to my bedroom. Realising there was a bathroom connected to my bedroom all along. I sighed, doing my usual errands in the bathroom and heading to bed. I turned the lights off and wrapped myself in my covers before getting frightened by the door opening. "Kenji. I've been meaning to ask, do you have a family to go home to?" Yuki asked. I sat up, frowning. "Well, no. I think you're the closest person to family." I sighed. "I see." She leant against the door frame. Akira walked up to her in a nightgown, wrapping her arms around her as Yuki patted her head. "Akira, sweetheart. What are you doing up so late?" "Mm..I can't sleep.." They chatted. "Have you tried not thinking about it so much?" Yuki asked. "Yes..." Akita mumbled. Yuki stroked her cheek, holding her close. "Sweetheart, go to the kitchen and sit down on the breakfast bar. I'll cook you up something, okay?" "Okay, mama..." Akira headed to the kitchen hazily, opening the door with a button. Yuki turned her attention to me. "If you need some food, we'll be in the kitchen." Yuki left, closing the door carefully behind her. I heard them talking after a few minutes, and some bowls and plates clanking together. I peeked into the kitchen to see Yuki leaning over the other side of the breakfast bar, both of them gossiping and giggling. I decided not to go in incase I made it awkward for them. I headed back to my room and started drawing in my school notebook. Yuki came in minutes later with a bowl of ice cream. "Didn't want to leave you hungry." "Oh, thank you. I was actually getting pretty hungry" "Ah~ see? I always know! You should have came in, I saw you peeking into the kitchen." She giggled.