12

Soonhee stared deeply at the high building that was standing strong in front of her. She squeezed her eyeballs inside and took in a deep breath before her eyes fluttered open, exhaling all along.

Yesterday's scene doesn't seem like it can leave her mind.

Today, she has to look at them with a professional look. As her boss and her secretary.

She left her car in the car park and walked up to the lobby, scanned her worker ID card, and went straight to her office.

As the lift slid open, she clenched her hands into fists. Even after the door slid back closed, she stayed in, controlled her breathing and the look she held in her eyes. Fortunately, the lift was not used at the moment.

Maybe because office hours already started 20 minutes ago.

She came late intentionally.

After she gathered all of her courage, she pressed the open button, letting the lift open its door. Her heels hit the tiles, making her way to her office. Today, she tied her hair into a single knot.

She glanced at the office that was located across from hers. A figure got into her sight and it slowed down her pace. She saw a guy.

Yes, why it is a guy when her secretary is a girl?

The said guy caught a familiar glimpse through his eye tail and looked up immediately. Soonhee quickly forced a smile. At least it was someone who she knew. Hao got up from his seat and went to the door, sliding it open " Morning " he greeted.

" Morning, Hao " she greeted back, receiving a nod as a response before she asked " Where is Hana? " wandering her eyes around.

As the question came to his ears, Hao scratched his nape, hesitating " Uhmm.. may I have a talk with you? "

Soonhee traced her eyes back to him and nodded " Sure. Do I have any important schedule for today? "

Hao let out a smile " It is saturday, Soonhee "

Soonhee looked away and tilted her head " saturday? " she asked back, which Hao responded with a hum along with a little nod.

Soonhee fished out her phone from her bag and tapped the screen twice before it turned on, showing the date and the day.

Oh, it is really saturday.

✿⁠✿⁠✿⁠

" I heard of what happened last night " Hao started, folding his arms on the table.

Soonhee whirled the teaspoon in her warm latte, pursing his lips in line. To be honest, she was embarrassed with him. He was always there when there was a problem between her and her husband " How...? " She asked, trailing her voice off.

" Last night, I don't know if it was a call for someone else because he was drunk. And it really was, Soonhee.

He intended to call you because he kept calling your name " Hao explained. Curiosity killed the cat, they said. Soonhee let out a sigh, acting as if she was not interested.

But then, she asked "What did he say? "

" He said it was a misunderstanding. Hana suddenly leaned in to kiss him. He was shocked that he couldn't move. That's why " Hao explained, which made a sigh escape Soonhee's mouth.

" I don't ca- "

" He exchanged my position with Hana because he didn't want it to disturb your professionalism" Hao continued, cutting her off " Where did you sleep last night? He said you didn't come home "